Ancient Ostia Ruins Roman Port of Ostia Antica Fullday from Rome
Explore the incredible Ancient Ostia Roman Port (Ostia Antica) a large archeological site, the location of the harbour city of ancient Rome, this Tour focuses on some of the archaeological remains of Imperial Ostia and Portus:
• Apartments buildings, with two or three upper floors
• The so-called medianum-apartments, the habitations of the commercial middle class
• Domus, the houses of the upper class
• Hotels, brothels, bars and hundreds of shops
• Baths and communal latrines
• The seats of guilds
• Workshops, such as bakeries and fulleries
• Store buildings
• Public buildings
• Temples and little shrines, dedicated to traditional and oriental deities
Skip-The-Line Tickets Included.
Local licensed Tour Guide in Ostia Antica Ruins (in Private option).
Lunch time in a typical local Restaurant near the Ruins (own expense).
Pickup and dropoff will be at your accommodation in Rome.
Private or Shared Tour available options.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Worry-Free and Safe Private Tour Experience
- Skip-The-Line entrance tickets to Ostia Antica Ruins
- Local Certified Professional Guide (upgradable in Private options)
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with Professional English-speaking Driver
What's excluded :
- Lunch, Food and drinks
- Tipping is not included in our service fees, it is never mandatory although it is always appreciated
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Ostia was Ancient Rome's seaport, the ancient Roman city of Ostia was in antiquity situated at the mouth of the river Tiber, some 30 kilometres to the west of Rome. The shoreline moved seawards, due to silting, from the Middle Ages until the 19th century. Therefore Ostia is today still lying next to the Tiber, but at a distance of some three kilometers from the beach.
Skip-The-Line entrance Tickets Included.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ostia Antica, Ostia Antica, Province of Rome, Lazio
Free time and Lunch time, in a typical local Restaurant (own expense), in the little medieval neighborhood near the Ruins.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Castello di Giulio II, Piazza della Rocca, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
The Ostiense castle was built in 1483 by the cardinal Giuliano della Rovere, bishop of Ostia and future Pope Giulio II. In the course of XIX century, the castle is the prison where the sentenced to forced labour are allocated.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure and Return Point: Your accommodation in RomeIn Shared Tour Option only: Your Driver may make a few stops (usually 2/3 stops) along the way to pick up, or drop off, fellow passengers. This means that your Driver could arrive within 15-30 minutes of your scheduled pickup time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with professional English-speaking Driver
- Option Private Tour: This is a private Tour. Only your group will participate and it can be modified and/or customized (even while on tour)
- Option Shared Tour: Solution with a lower price dedicated to travelers sharing the vehicle with a small group (up to 8 people per vehicle). Not customizable. It is not possible to include attractions tickets purchased by your own
- One Infant seat available on request
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Travelers must provide/bring their own face mask during the experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.