Ancient Pompeii with Walking Tour and Gastronomic Journey
Enjoy a unique experience that will leap you back in time nearly 2000 years to relive the ancient customs and tastes of the “Pompeii” of the past.
A short walk from the archaeological site to caupona (from the latin - tavern) provides you a magical atmosphere to dine
and immerse you in ancient Rome. At "caupona" you will taste the typical dishes of ancient Rome inspired by the recipe book of well known gastronomic of the Imperial era , revived in a modern way.
The menu expects 3 courses that you can choose from chef's proposals: starter, first course or second course , dessert, water.
- Take a dip into the past and feel yourself an ancient Roman
- Travel in comfort on board of our shuttle
- Learn more about Pompeii from your professional tour guide
- Enjoy tasting of original ancient dishes in a real “ancient Pompeian tavern”
- Get dressed up in period costume if you wish to feel like a Roman of the time during your Pompeian dining experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up from hotel, meeting point, Naples airport, cruise terminal, main train station
- Shared r/t transfer with english speaking driver
- 2 h Pompeii walking tour in english with fast track
- Gastronomic experience in best Pompeian Traditions ( starter, main course , dessert, water, wine)
What's excluded :
- Pompeii admission ticket ( to be paid directly to the tour guide)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Start your experience from Naples city centre, Airport, Cruise Terminal or Main Train Station.
Board comfortable shuttle with professional english speaking driver and enjoy pleasant journey to Pompeii archaeological site .
On your arrival , join the group and attend 2 hours Pompeii Walking Tour accompanied by professional tour guide.
Walking in Pompeii’s streets and allies, stepping in and out of what used to be houses, bars, restaurants and bath-houses will be a unique experience.
After the walking tour , have some free time to enjoy the most visited site in the world in autonomy, make some unforgettable pictures
and buy some typical souvenirs.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Pompeii, Pompeii, Province of Naples, Campania
At the pre-arranged time, make your short walk from the archaeological site to "caupona" (from the latin - tavern or restaurant)
and immerse yourself in ancient Roman history and food where the original colors, music, flavors, and flair of antiquity are so well represented
that you can’t help but gasp in wonderment and awe the very moment you step into the courtyard where you will be greeted by staff well dressed in period costume
and begin your gastronomic journey in best Pompeian traditons.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 91, 80142 Napoli NA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
- Naples Airport, Naples Italy
- Porto Di Napoli, Piazzetta di Porto, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- All our experiences are carried out in compliance with local legislation and health recommendations for protection and safety, to avoid contagion of the Covid-19 virus. Passenger protection has always been our priority!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.