Ancient Roman Adventure: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Alessandra
Discover and learn about Ancient Rome on this 3-hour private tour around these famous landmarks: the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill with me, Alessandra. In each place you'll learn of its history and hear century-old stories, myths and legends to give you further insight into life in the ancient city. Avoid the queues and enter the sites with fast-track tickets so you can make the most of your time.
The tour begins in the immense amphitheatre, the Colosseum, where you'll explore the various levels of the arena. As you walk around, imagine the atmosphere and noise of thousands of spectators during gladiatorial fights and public shows.
Continue to the archaeological site of the Roman Forum where you can admire the ruins of temples, buildings, arches and more as you explore the city's ancient center. From here you'll head to Palatine Hill, one of the iconic seven hills of Rome, where the city was founded, as legend states, and where the homes of Roman emperors were located.
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
From the outside marvel at the enormous structure of the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre in the city. Enter the site with skip-the-line admission and make your way to the various levels to gain different perspectives. Stand where the Emperors would have stood to watch the gladiator battles. Walk along the same path the gladiators walked as they headed to their battle and their death. Learn the history of one of Italy's famous landmarks and listen as your guide, Alessandra tells you legends and stories that will keep you intrigued.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
A short walk away from the Colosseum stands the ancient city center of Rome, known to the Romans as the Forum. Here you will enter with skip-the-line tickets as you head into one of the most important archaeological sites in the world. Learn how the main square was not only the hub for locals to meet but it was also the social, political and commercial hub. Some of the ruins you will see are: the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, the ancient Roman senate, the Arch of Septiumus Severus, the Temple of Saturn and more. You'll see a 3D mock-up of how the city once looked which will leave you curious and in awe. Hear the history behind the individual ruins as you explore.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The majestic Palatine Hill overlooks the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus and offers a unique view from above. Discover the ruins of ancient palaces, luxurious homes of the emperors and Roman nobility, as well as temples, and learn about the famous legend of Romulus and Remus, the she-wolf and how Rome was founded.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.