Ancient Rome Tour: Colosseum Underground, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Visit areas of the Colosseum not accessible by regular ticket holders. Enjoy an informative official tour guide and get privileged entrance. Immerse into the beauty of the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill.
This 3-hour tour will reveal the Colosseum in a most complete and impressive way by giving you the chance to access some of it’s most exclusive areas such as the Undergrounds, and the Upper Levels (if you choose the option that includes the Upper Levels during booking). It then continues in the archeological area of the Roman Forums and Palatine Hill. Get ready for an incredible experience, led by professional official guides.
per adult from
150 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Guided access into the Undergrounds and Upper Levels (if Upper Levels option chosen during booking)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: La Fontana del Colosseo, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet pur staff at the by the Colosseum (next to the Metro station exit) and walk together into the amphitheater
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your guide inside the Colosseum. Start your tour into the Undergrounds and up to the first level, and, if the relative option is chosen during booking, go further up to the 4th and 5th levels for a breathtaking view over the arena
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Pass By: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
After the Colosseum part of the tour is finished you will be given about 20 minutes free time to wander on your own. Then you will meet the guide for the second part of the tour right in front of the exit gate of the Colosseum.
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
You will visit the archeological area of the Roman Forums and Palatine Hill. Your guide will deliver the fascinating history of this ancient place. After the tour, you will be free to explore on your own as long as you wish.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Fontana del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Unnamed Road, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour starts in order to complete signup and to clear security checks. The tour will start inside the Colosseum and we will leave the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time
- We cannot accomodate, refund or reschedule late arrivals
- A moderate amount of walking and steps are involved; wear comfortable walking shoes
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- You will pass through strict security checks both at the Colosseum and at the Roman Forum entrance
- Please be aware that security check lines are not skippable
- Flying drones and knives of any kind are strictly forbidden. Neither trolleys and big backpacks nor animals are allowed into the Colosseum. Glass/metal containers and sprays of any kind are also not allowed.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Other customers suggest to bring a bottle of water and a hat/sun-protection if travelling in summer time.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.