Andong Hahoe Folk Village [UNESCO World Heritage] Private Tour from Seoul
This tour brings you to the most oldest Village in Korea which is designated as an UNESCO World Heritage site – is a place to commune with the traditional fabric of old Korea
and also can see the whole view of this village from the across the river called Buyongdae Cliff before going to this unique village
After the Hahoe village, tourist can take time to explore the Hahoe Mask Museum, with its intriguing collection of Korean and international masks.
For the last visit place, We go to Byeongsan Seowon which is Confucian school that was established by esteemed Confucian scholars to pay tribute to the memory of Seong-nyong Ryu
• Tourist will be picked up and sent at a hotel in Seoul or nearby Seoul, It will take about 3 hours driving from tourist area
• We provide Korean traditional tasty cuisine for lunch during the tour
• Can listen to all the useful information such as politics, religions, society, culture and nature of Korea while traveling from knowledgeable driving guide
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hyundai Starex Van or Kia Carnival Van
- Fluent English Speaking Driving Guide
- All Entrance Fees
- Parking Fees
- Toll Fees
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Andong Hahoe Folk Village
- Entry/Admission - Buyongdae
- Entry/Admission - Hahoe Mask Museum
- Entry/Admission - Byeongsanseowon Confucian Academy
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Andong Hahoe Folk Village, Hahoe-ri, Pungcheon-myeon, Andong, Gyeongsangbuk-do South Korea
Tourist can walk and feel real old traditional village where still remain an old culture and traditional Korean houses.
This delightful traditional riverside village – a Unesco World Heritage site – is a place to commune with the traditional fabric of old Korea and, in the busy months, with large crowds of visitors. Avoid the weekends, go off-season and be rewarded with a glimpse of bucolic enchantment and the gentle rhythms of countryside village life.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Buyongdae, 72, Gwangdeoksolbat-gil, Pungcheon-myeon, Andong, Gyeongsangbuk-do 36757 South Korea
Buyongdae is a cliff about 64 meters high situated where the Taebaeksan Mountain Range ends. From the summit, one can get a bird’s-eye-view of Hahoe Village in Andong. The name was taken from an ancient history of China. Meaning lotus, the name Buyongdae is said to be given for Hahoe Village’s configuration like a lotus flower. Thus, one can get the best view of the village from the cliff. Located near Buyongdae are Ogyeonjeongsa House, Gyeomamjeongsa House, and Hwacheon Seowon Academy.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hahoe Mask Museum, 287, Hahoe-ri, Pungcheon-myeon, Andong, Gyeongsangbuk-do 760-810 South Korea
Hahoe Mask Museum is located in Andong Hahoe Village, which is both a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Important Folklore Material No. 122. Hahoe Village is a representative traditional Korean folk town and is the home of the Hahoe Mask (National Treasure No. 121) and the Byeolsin Gut Mask Dance (Important Intangible Cultural Properties No. 69). The museum not only displays Hahoe masks, but also other traditional masks from all over the world.
The museum consists of five permanant exhibition halls and one special exhibition hall, housing a wide range of masks from all over the world along with Hahoe masks. The museum also offers activity programs such as wearing a mask, mask trick art, photo zone, and more.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Byeongsanseowon Confucian Academy, 30, Byeongsan-ri, Pungcheon-myeon, Andong, Gyeongsangbuk-do 760-812 South Korea
Byeongsanseowon is a Confucian school that was established by esteemed Confucian scholars to pay tribute to the memory of Seong-nyong Yu (1542-1607), who was well-respected for his writings and personality. His mortuary tablet is enshrined at this school. Around the time of 1863, Confucian schools enjoyed many freedoms under the Joseon rule, students and scholars of the school were exempt from taxation and other expenses. Byeongsan Seowon was one of 47 places in all of Korea and 2 in Andong not destroyed during the rule of Daewongun [Politician of Joseon Imperial family, 1820 ~ 1898] in 1868.
The Nakdong-gang River is situated just in front of the Confucian Academy. Cross the river and the Byeongsan Mountain can be found. By forming a folding screen like shape around the academy, the mountains both protect and add a serene beauty to the area.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up any Hotel and Guest house in SeoulPorts
- Yeouido port
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.