Antelope Butte Hike with Spectacular Views
See for yourself why iconic movies such as “A River Runs Through It” and “The Horse Whisperer” were filmed in Paradise Valley. Ascend switchbacks on Antelope Butte – formed of volcanic rock 60 million years ago and once home to the Crow Native Americans – where you will be greeted to a statuesque, snow-capped view of Emigrant Peak towering in the distance. At the summit, you will also see a cairn standing in reverence – an homage to the Crow Native Americans’ presence on the Butte dating back to the 1880s. Be sure to bring your binoculars – and camera! – as you may have the unique opportunity to view some of Montana’s natural inhabitants including Mule deer, Golden Eagles, fox, elk and more!
per adult from
What's included :
- All activities
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
Pull on your hiking boots and join us on a trek to Antelope Butte!
This magnificent land was formed of volcanic rock 60 million years ago. It’s a combination of rolling range interspersed by grassy meadows, pine-covered hills, seasonal creeks, springs, and steep coulees. As we make our journey upwards, you will be treated to a statuesque, snow-capped view of Emigrant Peak towering in the distance.
At the summit, the views are even more spectacular. To the north we’ll see Sheep Mountain and the towering Crazy Mountains, a stark contrast against an abyss of prairie that seems to extend infinitely to the east. You will also see a cairn standing in reverence, which is a homage to the Crow Native Americans’ presence on the Butte dating back to the 1880s.
The members of Erik’s Ranch love to show people the awe-inspiring aspects of our home. So come out, experience Montana’s wild beauty for yourself, and make their day!
Please be aware that this is a hike, not a walk, and the difficulty level is moderate. Guests must be a minimum age of 6.
Please call us directly to book!
• Erik's Montana Adventures, 273 Trail Creek Rd, Livingston, MT 59047-8816
Departure Point :The Lodge at Erik's Ranch, 273 Trail Creek Rd, Livingston, MT 59047, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.