Antigua Guatemala Tour from Puerto Quetzal
Private off-shore excursion specially designed for cruisers arriving at the port "Puerto Quetzal" to visit the city which once was the capital of Central America: Antigua Guatemala.
Certified bilingual guide and minivan/bus with authorization to pick up travelers at the port.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Certified bilingual guide during all excursion
- Entrances to mentioned sites
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral de Santiago
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de La Merced
- Entry/Admission - Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum
What's excluded :
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Plaza Central Park, Plaza Mayor City Center, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Visit the Central Park of Antigua Guatemala. Here, meet the locals in their daily life selling hand-made products like textiles, toys, and gastronomy. Get to know the main buildings surrounding la Plaza which are the General Captaincy of Guatemala and Municipal Hall. Do not miss out on the explanation about the origin of the beautiful water fount in the middle of the plaza.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral de Santiago, 5a Calle Oriente 5 Centro Histórico, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
The beautiful Cathedral of Antigua Guatemala was built in 1545 but never finished the work due to earthquakes that continually damaged it. Catholic masses are held at the temple. One site of the Cathedral is in ruins; today Mayan rituals take place here, be impressed by the beauty of the ruins and the thick walls.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia de La Merced, 5a Avenida Norte y 1a Calle Poniente Centro Histórico, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
If there is time, choose to visit between two covenants: La Merced or Las Capuchinas. Their beauty remains at their ruins, which tell its visitors the history of nums.
The largest water fountain in Central America is found at La Merced Covenant.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Arco de Santa Catalina, Avenida Norte 5a Calle del Arco - Centro Histórico, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Pass by the famous Arch Street, it used to connect the Covenant with the School of the same name so the nums would not be seen by others. This place is an icon of Antigua Guatemala due to the beauty it adds to the landscape: colonial arch, cobblestones streets, and volcano on the back.
Stop At: Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum, 4a. Calle Oriente No. 34, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
If there is still time, visit the Jade Factory museum and store. Here, learn about this sacred stone. Guatemala has the largest mines and the highest quality.
You can choose between visiting the Jade Factory, artisanal chocolate store, or Rum House with world top brands: Zacapa & Rotrán.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our guide will be at the port "Puerto Quetzal" holding a sign with your name. Ports
- Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Limited mobility for wheel chairs: Cobblestone streets, stairs, not specialized handicap vehicle
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- It is the responsibility of each traveler to know and comply with Guatemala´s port entry COVID requirements. Some mentioned places may be closed due to the COVID situation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.