Antigua: History, Local Food and Snorkeling whole island tour.
Antigua: History, Local Food and Snorkeling whole island tour will show you the best Antigua and Barbuda has to offer visitors: we will combine the rich and vast history of the island with heavenly beach getaways, all presented from the perspective of a local guide that will make from your time in Antigua a truly unforgettable experience.
Antigua and Barbuda is one the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, with 365 beaches to relax you can say there is one for every day of the year, but Antigua is more than that, join our tour and discover the adventure.
- Mingle with the locals while we visit the most important places in St. John’s city.
- Learn about how the Spaniards changed the country’s political and cultural landscape.
- Visit the world’s only remaining Georgian dockyard.
- Get a nice looking Caribbean tan to show off back home at the island’s most beautiful beach.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Expert Local Guide.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local Taxes.
- Entry/Admission - Shirley Heights
What's excluded :
- Admittance to Nelson's Dockyard, extra $5.00 usd.
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Entry/Admission - Nelson's Dockyard
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. John's, St. John's, Saint John Parish, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
Your local guide will meet and greet at your hotel or cruise ship port, from there we will go on a panoramic tour through the narrow streets of St. John’s to discover the most iconic places in the city, we take this opportunity to talk about what’s happening today in Antigua and Barbuda and also learn about the city’s architecture, these are some of the places we will be admiring in our panoramic tour:
- Heritage Quay duty free shopping center.
- The Fisherman’s market.
- V.C. Bird Monument.
- Fruit Market.
- Craft Market.
- St. John’s Cathedral.
- Museum of Antigua and Barbuda.
Now we are ready to roll back time and visit the island a thousand years ago, we will pay a visit to the local museum and learn how the island was like before Christopher Columbus and how the Spaniards changed the country’s political and cultural landscape.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral of St. John the Divine, Btwn Newgate & Long Sts, St. John's Antigua
Now we make a quick visit to St. John’s Cathedral and its old cemetery. Two St. John's Anglican Churches have already stood on the site of the present cathedral. The first was built of wood as early as 1681 and was said to be "totally destitute of beauty or comfort". The second was constructed with English brick about 1720 when the first fell in disrepair and became too small.
The church was designed by Mr. Robert Cullen and had a short steeple at its western end. After over a century, the church was elevated to the status of a cathedral when the Diocese of Antigua was created in August 1842.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: English Harbour, English Harbour, Saint Paul Parish, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
We leave St. John’s and set course to the East side of the island, for approximately 25 minutes you will be enjoying the urban and countryside landscape of the island while your local guide points to places of historical and cultural interest along the way.
Stop At: Nelson's Dockyard, St. John's, English Harbour Antigua
Afterwards your expert local guide will introduce the group to the British colonization period of Antigua and Barbuda and how the country won its independency while we head to the beach in a panoramic tour through English Harbour and Nelson’s Dockyard, the world’s only remaining Georgian dockyard.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shirley Heights, English Harbour Antigua
There is a short drive to Shirley Heights, located on the most southerly point on the island. This was a lookout post and stronghold in 1787. The officer’s quarters and main buildings now lie in ruins but there is a great view of the south-east coast, the large gunpowder magazine and the cistern and catchment area of the Blockhouse, from there you can also see Eric Clapton’s House.
From here there is a fantastic view of English Harbour. Historical documents claim that every night a large chain would be drawn across the channel from Fort Berkeley. This was done to block ships from entering the harbour which helped to prevent sieges.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Long Bay, Long Bay, Saint Philip Parish, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
Finally the beach! After two hours of a historical and informative tour where we saw and learned about the best cultural and touristic sites in Antigua and Barbuda we are ready to go to an authentic Caribbean Paradise, Long Bay Beach.
Long Bay Beach is one of the most beautiful snorkeling spots in the island and probably one of the best beaches in the Caribbean, from its calm and turquoise waters under the Tropical sun you’’ll get a nice looking Caribbean tan to show off back home.
Enjoy some free time at the beach with tons of nautical activities at your disposal, your local guide will stay with you to tell you more about the local food or maybe teach you some Soca moves!
Antigua: History, Local Food and Snorkeling whole island tour is the best choice to discover the whole island of Antigua and Barbuda.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Heritage Quay, High St, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
Traveler pickup is offered
Our coach bus pick up will start 30 minutes before the scheduled excursion starting time, excursion will begin right after the last participant is on the bus. Please call the number provided on your confirmation voucher if you have further questions,Ports
- Heritage Quay, High St, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.