Antigua Market, Cooking Class and Choco Museum from Guatemala City
Take a tour of the Antigua Market and learn about the traditional ingredients in Guatemalan cuisine. You will continue your day by taking a cooking class and learn how to prepare some of Guatemala’s favorite dishes. Taste the unique flavors of Guatemalan cuisine as you create your own meal and dessert. After your meal, bring home printed recipes of the food you prepared so you can continue making delicious Guatemalan dishes at home! In the afternoon you will be able to see the chocolate making process from the cacao bean to the chocolate bar. Participate in one of the chocolate making workshop and experience the feeling of a chocolate maker.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Cooking class
- Entry/Admission - La Tortilla Cooking School
- Entry/Admission - ChocoMuseo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Tortilla Cooking School, 14°33'29. 90°44'13, Diagonal 6 4"N, Cdad. de Guatemala, Guatemala
Your guide will take you to the Antigua street market to take a 1.5-hour tour where you can see and smell the ingredients used for Guatemalan cooking. After your market tour you will return to the kitchen to begin your cooking class.
After a brief kitchen safety overview, your expert chef will start by teaching you about the Spanish and Mayan cultural influences on Guatemalan flavors. Learn about the staple ingredients and foods used by natives, including corn, peppers and beans. For your own meal, you’ll get to prepare one main dish, such as hilachas or tamales, two side dishes and one dessert, including camote en dulce or rellenitos. As you create your meal, the chef will be there to offer helpful guidance. Once you’re done, it’s time to enjoy your home-cooked lunch!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: ChocoMuseo, 5ta Avenida Norte # 15c Calle del arco, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Visit the Choco Museo in Antigua (Chocolate Museum). We invite you to make your own chocolate! During this 2-hour visit you will learn all the steps from the harvest of the cacao in a plantation to the chocolate bar. From the cacao beans you will roast them, peel them, and grind them into a paste. This cacao paste is used to prepare the first known cacao drink (invented by the Mayas), the traditional chocolate. In the end, from refined chocolate you will prepare your own chocolate that you can take back home.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within 15 minutes of the established departure time in your confirmation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.