Ants Tour - Hormigas Town
Surrounded of natural plants and frogs is the LeafCutter Ants Colony for 1 hour enjoying:
- Colony Leaf-Cutter Ants
- Caste system in ants society
- Fungus made by ants
- Beautiful and unique Ant Queen
-Eco natural compost
- Frogs Natural Habitat
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- With convenient facilities with roof, allowing us to enjoy a very different and unique way of the wonderful process of these insects.
It can appreciate closely how the leaf-cutter ants cut the leaves with their jaws and move to the colony. During the tour, there is the opportuny to see how they grow fungus and surprisingly to see the real queen, normally in few cases almost impossible to see in the wildlife but with our system and colony is possible to see it. It´s very imprtant to mention the caste divisions and functions of these important insects.
During one hour of learning about the society and model of the ants, their long way of transportation of the leaves, the importance of the queen and more, this amazing crossing through the life ants will marvelous to anyone.
At Operation Center Aguas bravas in Chilamate, Sarapiquí, it find the Zompopas Ants Colony, between 9 am to 4 pm.
Departure Point :Aguas Bravas Rafting, Heredia, Chilamate, Costa Rica
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.