Antwerp Half-Day Trip from Brussels
Antwerp has it all! It is not only the city of the famous painter Rubens. It is also the global capital of diamond trade and it is home to the most beautiful railway station in the world. Walking through its maze of picturesque streets you will hear the countless legends of the city and discover a wealth of breathtaking architecture.
Our guided walk through the old city starts at the impressive 13th century castle that guarded the city and its medieval river port. Our Lady’s Cathedral is the most impressive church in the Low Countries. It welcomes you with countless paintings by world class artists of the 17th century. The absolute masterpieces are the Rubens paintings. Antwerp railway station is a must-see.. It is said to be the most beautiful railway station in the world. Nearby are the diamond district and the Jewish quarter. In your free time, you should try the local beer called a ’Bolleke’. For this tour you should not forget your comfortable shoes.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional multilingual guide
- Entrance Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of Our Lady
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up & drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cathedral of Our Lady, Groenplaats 21, Antwerp 2000 Belgium
In 1352, the construction begun and become the largest gothic church in the Netherlands. In 1521, after nearly 170 years the church was ready. The north tower is 123 M high and the south tower is 66M. Houses the 4 main paintings painted by P.P.Rubens: "The raising of the cross", "The resurrection of Christ", "The descent from the cross" and "The assumption of the Virgin".
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: MAS - Museum aan de Stroom, Hanzestedenplaats 1, Antwerp 2000 Belgium
a museum located along the river Scheldt in the Eilandje district of Antwerp, Belgium. It opened in May 2011 and is the largest museum in Antwerp.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Antwerpen-Centraal, Koningin Astridplein 27, Antwerp 2018 Belgium
The oldest of the country of 1905 and built by the architect Delacenserie.
Situated in the Jewish area and also the diamants area.
2007: construction of a tunnel to welcome the speedtrains.
2009: the 4th most beautiful railway station of the world.
Next of the station the beautiful Zoo!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Steen Castle, Steenplein 1, Antwerp 2000 Belgium
Castle of the 13th century and houses since 1952 the National Museum of Maritime.
Situated along the old fortifications of the city.
Pass By: Groenplaats, City near the Schelde river, Antwerp Belgium
Town Hall of 1561 in italo-renaissance style.
In the middle of the square the statue of Brabo: Brabo with the hand of the giant Antigoon......chopped off his hand and threw it in the Scheldt river.......Antwerpen or Hand throwing.......origin of the city's name. The marvellous guildhouses from the 17th century.
Departure Point :Rue du Marché Aux Herbes 82, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Departure Time :1:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.