Apoyo Lagoon, Masaya & Mombacho Volcanoes
Nicaragua is known as The Land of Lakes and Volcanoes. It has two enormous water bodies and more than 10 active volcanoes that are part of the Pacific Ring of Fire.
In this day tour, you will visit three these colossi Volcanoes:
Masaya Volcano (Volcán Masaya): Ranked as one of the most active in the world.
Apoyo Lagoon (Laguna de Apoyo): It’s an extinct volcano’s crater, with a beautiful lagoon.
Mombacho Volcano (Volcán Mombacho): This colossal and stunning volcano´s cloud forest offers impressive panoramic views and it is also the home of hundreds of orchids.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bilingual Guide
- Crater Trail on Mombacho
- Apoyo Lagoon Lookout
- Masaya Volcano Entrance
- Entry/Admission - Masaya Volcano National Park
- Entry/Admission - Mombacho Volcano
What's excluded :
- Tour Guide gratuity
- Services not listed on the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Masaya Volcano National Park, Masaya Nicaragua
We will go to the visitor's center before we drive up to the crater
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Catarina, Catarina, Masaya Department
Catarina is a town close to Masaya, overlooking the Apoyo Lagoon. Catarina is famous for this magnificent observation point of the lagoon, as well as for its nurseries.
The viewpoint of Catarina is one of the highest hills surrounding the Apoyo Lagoon, and the view from there is superb. You can see the whole lagoon as well as Lake Nicaragua behind it. The Mombacho volcano borders the lake and is also prominently present.
The Catarina viewpoint is a popular place among Nicaraguans during weekends, when families and friends gather here to enjoy the view, grab a bite in one of the restaurants, or have a look through one of the telescopes. These visitors attract salesmen and singers who wander around trying to sell their products or songs. The atmosphere still is quite relaxing during the weekend though, and if you really prefer to be here when there are only a few people around you can simply go there during weekdays.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mombacho Volcano, Granada Nicaragua
We visit Mombacho Volcano to do Crater Trail and see wildlife.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from hotels of Granada and Managua
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- What to Bring?
- Appropriate Clothing
- Proper Shoes
- Rain Jacket (On Winter)
- Bottle of Water
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.