Arade River Boat Tour from Portimão
We will start this magnificent journey on the quay at the Marina of Portimão. After a warm welcome, our team will explain some safety procedures.
Sail in the calm waters of the River Arade, "sea roads" perfect for a medieval trip, which takes us to the historic city of Silves.
Beginning the tour at the pier near the ruins of the old Convent of São Francisco, we will go down the river to the fishing village of Ferragudo, and to the Castle of São João do Arade, passing by the famous Marina of Portimão.
Then we will start the ascent of the river, passing by the Museum of Portimão, where in the past it was the Canning Fish Factory, we will sail along the Riverside Zone of the city of Portimão, passing by the best and most famous Sardine Restaurants.
The water traced the curves sculpted in the land, from the Serra do Caldeirão to the doors of the Atlantic and, today, when navigating these medieval waters we feel the history of this place.
per adult from
What's included :
- All safety Equipment that is required. i.e Lifejackets
- Comfortable seating on the boat with panoramic view
- Lots of fun
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castelo de São João do Arade, R. Dr. Coelho de Carvalho 8, 8400 Ferragudo, Portugal
The São João do Arade Castle, also known as Ferragudo Castle, São João do Arade Fort, São João Baptista Fort or Castelo do Arade, is a military monument, located next to the village of Ferragudo, in the municipality of Lagoa, in Algarve region in Portugal. It was classified as a Property of Public Interest in 1974. It originally served to defend the bar of the River Arade, and to control the movement of vessels.
Pass By: Ferragudo, Ferragudo, Faro District, Algarve
Ferragudo is a Fishingi Village, and home, for some of the most amazing fish restaurants in the Algarve Region.
Pass By: Museu de Portimao, Rua D. Carlos I Zona Ribeirinha, Portimao 8500-607 Portugal
The Museum's estate consists of industrial and ethnographic heritage, namely that of the canning industry, shipbuilding, fishing, stowage, lithography, foundry, tin shop, smokehouse, transport, among others. As for the archaeological testimonies of the Municipality, it aggregates materials from various terrestrial and underwater archaeological stations.
Pass By: Ponte Romana, Pte. Romana, 8300-110 Silves, Portugal
Ponte de Silves is a bridge over the river Arade located in the city of Silves, in the Algarve region, in Portugal. Although its origin is controversial, the bridge as it exists today was built in the 15th century.
Pass By: Silves, Silves, Faro District, Algarve
Silves is a Portuguese city in the district of Faro, region and sub-region of the Algarve, with about 6 300 inhabitants. Silves was, for several centuries, namely during the Muslim rule, capital of the present Algarve. In recent years, the number of tourists visiting the municipality has increased substantially, standing out in particular as a cultural tourism destination. Silves is one of the oldest cities in Portugal.
Departure Point :Rua do Convento, R. do Convento, 8500-802 Portimão, Portugal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Tour provided by a “Clean and Safe“ certified company. Certificate issued by “Turismo de Portugal”
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.