Arba Minch Walking Tour
Spend four hours with our local English speaking guides as they proudly introduce you to daily life in Arba Minch. This walking tour is a great way to explore the busy streets of Sikela (down town Arba Minch) and you'll visit uniquely Ethiopian places. Your tour will conclude with a traditional coffee ceremony in a family home. This ceremony is an integral part of Ethiopian social and cultural life and an invitation to attend one is considered a mark of friendship.
• 4 hour walking tour with local English speaking guides
• Start your tour with an Amharic lesson, so you can greet passers by
• Weave along the vibrant streets, passing buna bets, tej bars and local churches
• Visit the colorful market, where your senses will be tantalized by the aromas of coffee and spices
• Pay a quick visit to the shoe shine
• Attend a traditional coffee ceremony at a family home
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- Tej (honey wine)
- Coffee ceremony
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Meet your guide at 9.30am at Tourist Hotel and have a quick Amharic lesson so you can greet passers by. Then set off walking tour with our local English speaking guide as he proudly introduces you to daily life in Sikela, down town Arba Minch. As you will weave along the vibrant streets, your guide will point out interesting and uniquely Ethiopian establishments.
Your first stop will be an Orthodox Church. Ethiopia is one of the oldest Christian states in the world and religion plays a central role in all festivals. Your guide will share their insights of the religion, celebrations and ceremonies and explain why you are 8 years younger in Ethiopia.
Along the way, you will pop into a tej bar where you can try the local honey drink, see a traditional buna bet (coffee house) and buy stamps at the post office. At the colourful market, your senses will be tantalised by the aromas from the spices and coffee; feel the quality fabrics, including the striking Gamo tribe design and see the wide variety of traditional produce. As you leave the market, you take a quick stop at the shoe shine.
After three hours, you will conclude your tour at a family home for a coffee ceremony. This ceremony is an integral part of Ethiopian social and cultural life and an invitation to attend one is considered a mark of friendship. You will have time to ask questions and sample the freshly brewed coffee.
Your guide will then escort you back to Tourist Hotel.
Departure Point :Tourist Hotel, Sikela, Arba Minch
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Tourist Hotel, Sikela
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children are welcome but parents will need to provide sufficient water and sunscreen
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.