Archaeological Park of Selinunte and Cave di Cusa from Palermo, Private Tour
Spend a day exploring the magnificent Selinunte Archaeological Park and Cave di Cusa.
Selinunte, an ancient Greek city located on the south-western coast of Sicily, of great importance is its archaeological park.
The millenary origins, the legends, the myths, the perfume, the colors of its sea, the white beaches, make what was once one of the most important Greek colonies, a unique place in the world.
Inside it is possible to enjoy the view of seven areas distributed along a path dotted with wonderful temples built in the most rigorous Doric order.
Experience the magic of the ancient Selinunte construction site thanks to a visit to the Cusa quarries, a rocky place quarried by the Selinunte people for the construction of temples.
• Visit the largest archaeological area in Europe on this 6-hour private tour
• Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of yesteryear as you explore the ancient quarries of Cusa
• Pick-up and drop off by luxury car and private driver
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Child seats (on request)
- Bilingual Italian-English driver
- Pick-up service from / to hotel / port
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Tourist guide
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico Selinunte
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cave di Cusa, Via Ugo Bassi, 37, 91021 Campobello di Mazara TP, Italy
In the vast territory of the Archaeological Park of Selinunte we can identify seven distinct areas, each of which preserves the memory of the greatness of the ancient city.
About thirteen kilometers north-west from the Archaeological Park of Selinunte, there is the archaeological area of the Cave di Cusa.
The quarries were an inexhaustible mine of raw material, indispensable for the construction of the city of Selinunte, including temples.
These are the most famous caves of antiquity in the world.
A remote show that takes you back in time.
The quarries were in fact suddenly abandoned due to the war against the Carthaginians (allies of the Elimi of Segesta and Erice), who, taking the city of Selinunte by surprise, completely destroyed it.
This is one of the peculiar characteristics of the place where the enormous drums destined for the temples still lie, half excavated. The extraction technique was long and complex.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parco Archeologico Selinunte, Via Selinunte, 91022 Marinella di Selinunte, Castelvetrano, Sicily Italy
Selinunte is undoubtedly among the most fascinating and famous archaeological sites in Sicily.
Located on the west coast, between Mazara del Vallo and Sciacca, the archaeological site of Selinunte is an exciting example of Greek civilization in Sicily.
The archaeological park is considered the largest and most impressive in Europe, it covers 270 hectares and includes numerous temples, sanctuaries, altars and more.
Along the fascinating journey through ancient history you can delight yourself with a refreshing Sicilian granita made with seasonal fruit.
The site is divided into seven areas distributed along a well-defined path.
The area can be explored on foot but is quite extensive. Once inside you can rent electric cars from private individuals or buy a ticket for the train tour (around 6 euros).
Free admission for European Union citizens under the age of 18.
Stop for lunch on request. (time for lunch to be agreed together)
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available for this tour.Once the purchase is complete, we will send you the complete information (telephone number, e-mail address, etc.) to contact our local operator, who will organize the withdrawal.Ports
- Port of Palermo, Molo Santa Lucia, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.