Arctic Animals Immersion
Immerse yourself in the fabulous world of Arctic animals! This 2-day experience combines a bear-watching safari with overnight in a wilderness hut, a reindeer experience in a traditional farm and a visit of the Ranua Wildlife Park. This trip is the only one in Lapland that really allows you to see and learn about the main animals that reside in the Arctic.
In all our excursions, our groups are limited to 8 people maximum. It it very important for us to provide you with the best experience as possible, and avoid mass tourism. This way, your guide will know you better and will be able to address all your needs and answer your questions. We also strictly select our partners based on ethical and responsible principles, to promote a more authentic and respectful tourism in Lapland.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Visit of an Authentic Reindeer Farm
- Auttiköngas Waterfalls
- Overnight in a Bear-Watching Hut
- Visit of Ranua Wildlife Park
- Snacks, Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Sleeping bags
What's excluded :
- Sleigh ride safaris (there is no snow in summer)
The trip will first take you to a very authentic reindeer farm. The herders have been living there, on the shores of a peaceful lake, for more than 200 years. They will tell you more about reindeer husbandry and show you around the farm while the animals are fed.
After this great time with the reindeer, your guide will drive toward the Russian border. On the way, you may stop by at the Auttiköngas waterfalls to discover a bit more of Lapland nature.
After a filling dinner in a lodge, you will make your way to the bear-watching hut. There, surrounded by pure Lapland scenery, you can already hear the Call of the Wild! A professional bear-watcher will greet you silently and walk you to the hut. The hut is equipped with large windows and bunk beds to sleep. A little bit of patience is needed and you will soon spot the massive shapes of the first bears walking around you...
The next morning, your guide will drive you take you to the Ranua Wildlife Park, where you can meet all the other Arctic animals, including polar bears, Arctic foxes, eagles and owls, moose, musks, otters, wolves, etc. After the visit, you will enjoy a lunch in the restaurant and drive back to Rovaniemi.
• Lapland, Lapland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel between 5 and 30 minutes prior to departure. Your exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email at least one day prior to each activity. If you stay in hotels or resorts, please wait at the reception. If you stay in a private accommodation (ex: Airbnb), please wait outside on the street side so your guide can easily find you.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.