Arenal Combo Tour: Volcano Hike, La Fortuna Waterfall & Mistico Hanging Bridges
Start your day as you hike across the Arenal Hanging Bridges and see the jungle from high above the forest floor. Your naturalist guide will teach you about Costa Rican culture, history, while you experience what we like to call "nature therapy."
After your adventure on the hanging bridges, you will head to the Arenal Volcano National Park.The trails are generally flat and not very strenuous -- perfect for a leisurely and informative hike with one of our naturalist guides!
Once you're done in the national park, you'll get to try delicious Costa Rican food that makes you feel good -- there are plenty of vegetarian options, gluten free, lacteos free and vegan, too, available.
Then, you'll finish the day at the stunning La Fortuna Waterfall. When you reach the bottom, you'll have an opportunity to take lots of pictures and swim in the cool waters of one of the largest and most breathtaking waterfalls in Arenal!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Volcano National Parking Guide Tour Operator
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Hanging Bridges
- Entry/Admission - La Fortuna Waterfall
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arenal Volcano National Parking Guide Tour Operator, Arenal Volcano National Park Costa Rica
Informative tour guides will take you through the secondary rain forest and up to the best places to observe the energetic volcanic activity. Along the way you will learn about the volcano, the tropical forest that surrounds it and the abundant wildlife that you will be able to observe during the trek. Perhaps the most fascinating part of the tour is what you will learn about this wonderful ecological paradise. From seeing monkeys and toucans to hearing roars and watching the bright red lava that moves around, you will be completely captivated with your visit to the Arenal Volcano.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Arenal Hanging Bridges, Arenal Volcano National Park 21007 Costa Rica
At the hanging bridges you will be hiking while combining the fascinating hanging bridges with ground hikes among the rainforest. A series of hanging bridges are connected at this nice park so you can walk on them and be able to observe what the real rainforest looks like from the heights... Even though you will be hanging up in the treetops you will be able to see much wildlife action and birds and learn of a different way of life from the heights.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: La Fortuna Waterfall, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 106-4417 Costa Rica
To get to the magnificent waters of the waterfall a 20 minute hike down 500 stairs will be required, don't panic! Is not as bad as it sounds... you will be with your guide overlooking at the beauty of the canyon that opens in front of you and you will go slow, at your own pace, trust me, it is worth it! Once you reach the ground, take some time to feel yourself immerse in nature and all it represents to you, is the perfect way to relax, just let go and think of anything else but the moments you are having. Jump in to the water, explore, swim and have a great time before getting back up on the same trail... but again, slowly! At the waterfall you have 2 options: 1. Do the hike as described 2. Stay up at the main facilities, there is a restaurant to have a drink, bathrooms and changing rooms and a nice observatory so you can look down to the waterfall and wait for the group to get back up and take you to taste a fine lunch!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels around La Fortuna downtown and Arenal Volcano Area
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.