Arequipa, Historic and Colonial City and Santa Catalina Monastery
Get to know Arequipa on this history-filled city sightseeing tour. With a professional guide, you’ll see the city’s top historical attractions, including the colonial districts of St Lazarus and Yanahuara, the Monastery of St Catherine and the Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa, as well as two locations that provide excellent views of the city and its surrounds – Carmen Alto and the Mirador de Yanahuara. Travel by air-conditioned coach and hop off at various sites to walk around and soak it all in.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio de Santa Catalina
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic Centre of Arequipa, Arequipa Peru
The White City opens up its doors in a tour that begins in the Carmen Alto viewpoint from where we will be able to admire the beautiful landscape of farming terraces and the three guardian volcanoes that surround the city: Misti, Chachani and Picchu-Picchu.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza de Armas, Arequipa Peru
We will then continue to the colonial district of Yanahuara, famous for its church built in Andalusia style, and its viewpoint with is gorgeous architecture surrounded by sillar stone arches. We will then visit the Monastery of Saint Catherine, an impressive religious monument that had been closed to the public for nearly 400 years; its narrow streets, plazas and gardens reminds us of the ancient districts of Seville or Granada.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monasterio de Santa Catalina, Santa Catalina 301, Arequipa Peru
Finally, we will head for the Main Square, where we will be able to see the Cathedral and the arches that surround the plaza, and then visit the Church of the Company of Jesus founded in the 17th century by the Jesuits, and which stands out for its cloisters and the famous Saint Ignacio Dome.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Tour departs from downtown Arequipa hotelsPlease Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; AirbnbAddress: The tour includes round-trip transfer from/to your hotel (must be located in a downtown area). One day prior your service, you will receive an e-mail indicating your pick up time.Dates: Daily
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: Admission to religious places in shorts is not allowed; please wear long pants or a long skirt
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We suggest arriving in Peru with antibacterial gel for personal use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.