Arequipa Private City Tour & San Camilo Traditional Market
Tour of the historic center of Arequipa, built with local 'sillar' stone, a pale volcanic rock, affording Arequipa its glorious architecture and its appropriate nickname, 'the White City'. Visit the San Lazaro district, this neighborhood of narrow streets, narrow passages, small squares and large houses is the most representative area of the old Arequipa. Proceed then to the Compañia Church, built by the Jesuits and part of a representative monument of religious architecture of the XVII century. Continue to the local market of San Camilo, and appreciate a variety of local products. Notably, this market is considered a Monumental Heritage of Architecture representative of Public Civil architecture, whose structures were designed by the renowned French engineer Gustave Eiffel. Finally visit the convent of Santa Teresa, built in 1710, and recently opened to the public. The site has valuable pieces of religious art and fabulous frescoes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (Spanish and English).
- Touristic transportation.
- Admission to the dome in The Compañia Church
- Admission to Santa Teresa Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barrio de San Lázaro, Arequipa 04001, Peru
Visit the San Lazaro district, located five blocks from the Plaza de Armas of Arequipa. This neighborhood of narrow streets, narrow passages, small squares and large houses is the most representative area of the old Arequipa.
Duration: 22 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus, Plaza de Armas, Arequipa Peru
Built by the Jesuits and part of a representative monument of religious architecture of the XVII century (1660). The Church of the Company was designed in 1573 by Gaspar Baez and destroyed by an earthquake in 1584. Its current structure dates from 1650. It has about 66 paintings from the Cusco school of artists such as Bernardo Bitti and Diego de la Puente.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas, Arequipa Peru
Visit the Plaza de Armas, surrounded by the Church, Cathedral and various portals. The Plaza de Armas has a beautiful bronze fountain of three plates crowned with the figure of a soldier of the sixteenth century. A character that is called the 'Tuturutu', who, according to history, was in charge of warning of any new event. Around the square you can see three portals made of granite and brick vaults and lime: the Portal del Cabildo (Portal of the Municipality), the Portal de las Delicias (Portal of St. Augustine) and Portal del Regocijo (Portal Flores).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mercado San Camilo, Calle Nicolas de Pierola, Arequipa 04001 Peru
This market is considered a Monumental Heritage of Architecture representative of Public Civil architecture, whose structures were designed by the renowned French engineer Gustave Eiffel.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
Visit the convent of Santa Teresa, built in 1710, and recently opened to the public. Founded nearly 300 years ago, this monumentalarchitecture complex displays the treasures kept through its three centuries of existance.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Arequipa Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your pick up.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.