Arizona Ghost Towns and Wild-West Day Trip from Las Vegas
Experience the real Wild West on a day trip from Las Vegas to Arizona’s ghost towns. Drive along Historic Route 66 and enjoy a photo opportunity at the mighty Hoover Dam. Explore three Arizona ghost towns and visit several historic saloons before taking part in a Western cowboy shootout show! Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off, lunch, bottled water, transportation by air-conditioned mini-bus and professional guide are included.
New Private Tour Option- Purchase 5 seats and have a fully private tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by air-conditioned mini-bus
- Professional guide
- Lunch (sandwich, fruit and snack)
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
After pickup from your Las Vegas hotel, take a short drive by comfortable van to the Hoover Dam for a brief photo stop. This 726-foot (221-meter) dam holds back the mighty Colorado River, behind which you’ll find Lake Mead, a beautiful man-made reservoir contained within the Black Canyon walls. Take all the ‘dam’ photos you want!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Chloride, Arizona, 4942 Elkhart Avenue 23 miles north of Kingman, Chloride, AZ 86431
Next, head to the small mining town of Chloride, a community that has survived the harsh desert environment since the 1860s. Silver and other minerals were mined here for decades, and after the mining boom was over, Chloride nearly became a ghost town. Today, Chloride is home to about 250 residents who are very proud of their mining history. Browse the antique shops; admire the various artistic sculptures; and chat with the locals before enjoying lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Route 66
Next, drive along the Historic Route 66 highway to the small ghost town of Oatman.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Oatman Ghost Town, Oatman, AZ 86433
The present-day population of this ghost town is 150 people and one poltergeist who goes by the name of ‘Oatie the Ghost.’ He’s believed to be the poor spirit of William Ray Flour, an Irish miner who died behind the Oatman Hotel. Enjoy views of the Black Mountains and the tumbleweeds and wild burros that freely roam through the town. Have your picture taken alongside modern-day cowboys and bandits while posing in front of an authentic Route 66 sign. You'll also have a chance to take part in a Western shootout. Held in the middle of the street, this Western-style event features cowboys in costume standing face-to-face, ready to draw. Enjoy a drink at a local saloon (at own expense) before traveling through the Mojave Desert along the Veterans Memorial Highway, a road that cuts straight through empty desert landscape.
Your last stop before returning to the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas will be in El Dorado, which was named by the Spaniards who discovered gold in the area. This town served as the backdrop for many famous western movies and also housed the famous Techatticup Mine, where millions of dollars worth of gold and silver have been unearthed.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
Your tour will conclude with drop-off at your original departure point.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all major Las Vegas hotel within 3 miles of the Las Vegas Strip. Guests must contact us to confirm an exact pick up time and place within 48 hours of their tour.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Maximum of 14 people per tour
- Boxed lunches include a choice between a turkey, roast beef or vegetarian sandwich. Please advise at the time of booking your sandwich preference. If you do not, a vegetarian sandwich will be provided.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- New Tour Option- Purchase 5 seats and have a fully private tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- State of Nevada does require face masks to be worn in public beginning 6/26/2020.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.