Arkadi - Eleftherna - Margarites Rethymno
Archaeology and culture are the highlights on this half day trip. The Monastery of Arkadi has played a big part in the Cretan Resistance. The Arkadi Monastery is an Eastern Orthodox monastery, situated on a fertile plateau 23 km to the southeast of Rethymnon on the island of Crete in Greece. The current catholicon dates back to the 16th century and is marked by the influence of the Renaissance. At the museum of Eleftherna we get views over the ongoing excavations. In Margatithes we see how traditional pottery has been made through centuries. Located in picturesque green rolling hills of the Rethymnon region, the village is well known for its pottery, and attracts large tour buses in the busy season. After the rushed tourists have left, it is then possible to stroll around this very charming village and enjoy the many pottery studios.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel Pick up
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Αρκάδι
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Αρκάδι, Rethymno Municipality 741 00, Greece
Archeology and culture are the highlights on this half day trip. The Monastery of Arkadi has played a big part in the Cretan Resistance as well as being a place for science and art since the 16th century. We visit the monastery and continue to the museum of Eleftherna where we get a stunning view over the excavated ancient city-state. The museum – Homer in Crete – exhibts a span of a period over three and a half millennia. Our last stop is in Margarites located in the picturesque green rolling hills of Rethymno. The village is well known for its pottery makers whose century – old ceramic tradition has made Margarites the undoubtedly most important pottery center of Crete.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Archea Eleftherna, Archea Eleftherna, Rethymnon Prefecture, Crete
Eleutherna, also called Apollonia , was an ancient city-state in Crete, Greece, which lies 25 km southeast of Rethymno in Rethymno regional unit. Archaeologists excavated the site, located on a narrow northern spur of Mount Ida, the highest mountain in Crete.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Margarites, Margarites, Rethymnon Prefecture, Crete
Located in picturesque green rolling hills of the Rethymnon region, the village is well known for its pottery, and attracts large tour buses in the busy season. After the rushed tourists have left, it is then possible to stroll around this very charming village and enjoy the many pottery studios.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Lobby or nearby appointed locationMPALI PANORMO SKALETA SFAKAKI PHGIANOS KAMPOS ADELIANOS KAMPOS PLATANIAS09.55 09.45 09.40 09.35 09.25 09.20 09.15MISSIRIA PERIBOLIA KALLITHEA RETHYMNO CENTER KOYMPES ATSIPOPOYLO09.05 09.00 09.00 08.55 08.50 08.45EPISKOPI N.R. KABROS GEORGIOYPOLI08.40 08.35 08.30
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.