Arles Small groupe tour : Private Day Trip to Luberon Villages
In this full-day private tour, explore some of the most charming Luberon villages: Gordes, Roussillon and Ménerbes. Go to l'Isle-sur-Sorgue and enjoy the little "Venise of Luberon", then head up to Gordes, spread across the rocky mountains and admire the panoramic view on the Luberon. Afterwards, you will go to Roussillon village, built on the top of an ocher cliff, which provides visitors with a harmonious combination between men's construction and nature. Move towards Bonnieux, a hilltop Luberon village but also the entry point to the Lourmarin valley. There’s a fantastic view of the petit Luberon and over the plateau of the Monts de Vaucluse. Finally, you will go to Ménerbes, home for many famous artists, like, Picasso, Dora Maar and the British author Peter Mayle whose writings contributed to its fame in the 1980's.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your guide will pick you up in the morning at Arles Board your private vehicle and take the road towards your first stop: l'Isle sur la Sorgue. This village is a little paradise of greenery and flowing water, as several branches of the Sorgue river are flowing through the town, and used to drive many water wheels which are still turning. In the historical city centre, have a stroll in the winding streets and canals junctions.
Back to your vehicle and head towards Gordes, built on the rocky mountains. You will walk in its narrow streets, and enjoy the shady squares and graceful fountains. Sense the history and activity that have shaped both the architecture and the people. Enter the workshops of the tradesmen and artisans.
Afterwards, your guide will take you to Roussillon and explore the stairs and streets in the old village. See the vaulted passageways, the lovely houses from the 17th and 18th century, the cliff which provides fabulous views, the clock tower and its campanile, the vestiges of the ramparts, partially rebuilt in modern times and the remains of the 10th century castle.
Move towards Bonnieux where you will enjoy the panoramic view. Observe the old 13th century church with its combination of Romanesque and Gothic styles, the ruins of the 12th century towers and ramparts, Hôtel de Rouville, a beautiful 18th century residence and the Philippe tower.
Finally, your last stop is the village of Menerbes where you will have the opportunity to taste Côtes du Luberon wines at the magnificent Maison de la Truffe et du Vin (open from April 1st to October 31st - own expense).
At the end of the tour, your guide will drive you back to Arles.
Departure Point :Hotel Jules Cesar 9 Boulevard des Lices, 13200 Arles
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotel Jules Cesar
9 Boulevard des Lices, 13200 Arles
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.