Arlington Cemetery & American History Museum Guided Combo Tour - Private Tour
On this 5 to 5.5 hour private guided combo tour, our engaging local guide will discuss American history and shed light on why these DC landmarks are so important.Learn about the history of America through its most prominent national cemetery and museum during this all-encompassing combo excursion to the Arlington National Cemetery and National Museum of American History.
per adult from
300 to 330 minutes
What's included :
- Guided Walking Tour & Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including Lunch Break)
- Private Transportation Included Between Tour Locations If Necessary
- Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arlington National Cemetery, Entrance at Arlington Memorial Bridge, Arlington, VA 22211
Start at the Arlington National Cemetery, a stunning tribute to over 400,000 service members and their families buried there. Learn about the more famous tombs, like that of President John F. Kennedy. We’ll even explore a few surprising graves, like that of famed boxer Joe Louis. Walk these hallowed grounds to learn how the home of Robert E. Lee became one of the country’s largest national cemeteries.
Along with a few carefully selected residents like Audie Murphy, your engaging guide will take you to the Tomb of the Unknowns, you may even witness a Changing of the Guard ceremony. Walk these hallowed grounds to learn how the home of Robert E. Lee, whose Arlington House we’ll visit, became one of the country’s largest national cemeteries.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: National Museum of American History, 1400 Constitution Ave NW Between 12th and 14th Street, Washington DC, DC 20560
After a break for lunch, follow your guide to the National Museum of American History, which traces the rise of the United States through a unique collection of objects including the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothy’s ruby red slippers. By the end, you’ll understand a bit more clearly why the words American and patriot go hand in hand.
Highlights of this tour combination generally include the Tomb of the Unknowns, Gravesite of John F. Kennedy, Arlington House, home of Robert E. Lee, George Washington's Sword, The Star Spangled Banner, First Ladies’ Gowns, and Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Washington D.C., 600 Independence Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20560
The capital of the United States, the playground of politicians and presidents, is just as enticing for tourists who want to experience a slice of American history. Our English speaking guides organize private and small group tours to the city’s most important institutions, like the National Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. Rub elbows with senators as you stroll the historical monuments on the Mall and learn about the iconic figures buried at Arlington National Cemetery. At Babylon Tours, our engaging guides want to make it clear that D.C. isn’t just for the fat cats on Capitol Hill – it’s also yours to explore.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Arlington National Cemetery Welcome Center, 1 Memorial Ave, Fort Myer, VA 22211, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Smithsonian National Museum of American History, 1300 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: American History Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.