Artesanal Otavalo Market Experience
The Otavalo cultural tour is a wonderful way to discover and combine the famous artesian indigenous market in Ecuador, and some of the amazing views outside Otavalo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional bilingual guide
- Transport from and to Quito
What's excluded :
- Tips for guide
- Entrance feefor Quitsato ($1)
- Canoe in Cuicocha ($3,50)
- The Otavalo cultural tour is a wonderful way to discover and combine the famous artesian indigenous market in Ecuador, and some of the amazing views outside Otavalo.
The tour begins with a scenic drive north of Quito through the Sierra highlands, and our first stop will be at Quitsato Middle of the world, and then onto Cayambe, where we can taste and learn about the town´s famous biscochos (local biscuits). We then arrive at the famous Otavalo Market where you will have time to eat lunch and buy handicrafts. The main market day in Otavalo is Saturday; however this tour can operate throughout the week.
Our professional guide will provide an explanation on the indigenous people of this area, such as the Quitu – Cara and other pre-Inca groups, and some information on the city. After exploring the market and having lunch we will depart Otavalo and make a stop at Laguna Cuicocha, which is located in a volcano crater, and contains two green islands. We´ll then visit Cotacachi. This town is famous for its leather goods – a great place to pick up a bargain! After that we will make our way back to Quito.
Departure Point :Mariscal Foch 681, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Departure Time :06:45 : Leave from Plaza Foch for transfer to Otavalo
09:00: Quitsato Middle of the world
09:30: Visit of the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory
10:30: San Pablo Lagoon view point
11:00: Explore the Otavalo Market
13:00: Touring the town of Cotocachi
15:30: Cuicocha crater Lake
16:30: Drive back to Quito
18:30: Arrive at Plaza Foch (initial point)
(Note: All times are approximate, except starting time)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sun cream
- Comfortable shoes
- Big bag for shopping
- Waterproof jacket
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.