Arts Tour to Chagall, Matisse, Rothschild Half-day from Villefranche Small-Group
Explore the unique art heritage of the French Riviera while your ship is in Villefranche on this illuminating half-day shore excursion. Come face-to-face with the fabled biblical-inspired works of Marc Chagall at Nice’s Chagall Museum; admire the vibrant paintings of Henri Matisse at the nearby Matisse Museum, and then travel along the spectacular Middle Corniche coastal road to discover the richly furnished apartments and gardens of the stunning Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to eight people.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - Musee Matisse
- Entry/Admission - Marc Chagall National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Villa & Jardins Ephrussi de Rothschild
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musee Matisse, 164 avenue des Arenes de Cimiez, 06000 Nice France
So many artists over the years have made the French Riviera their home, drawn by the azure-blue sea, vibrant colors and fabled clear light for which the region is so famous. No surprise then that the cosmopolitan city of Nice boasts museums-a-plenty, with artwork from different eras lurking ‘round every corner.
The Matisse Museum is nearby on Cimiez Hill, and this is the next museum on your day’s list. The museum is housed in a distinctive red Genoese villa that dates back to the 17th century, with architecture that is arguably every bit as fascinating as the artwork housed within. Step inside and let the bright colors that exemplified Henri Matisse’s artwork inspire your own creative thinking as you wander around and explore independently.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Marc Chagall National Museum, 36 Avenue Dr Menard, 06000 Nice France
he Chagall Museum. Dedicated to the lifeworks of Mark Chagall, a revolutionary artist influenced by the movements of Expressionism, Cubism and more, the museum’s main draw is his collection of famous biblical paintings, which you’ll see while exploring with your audio guide.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Villa & Jardins Ephrussi de Rothschild, 1 avenue Ephrussi de Rothschild, 06230 St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat France
After discovering these extraordinary museums, hop back on board your luxury minivan for a scenic coastal drive to the peninsula town of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Presentez vous avec votre voucher 5mn avant la prise en charge.MerciPorts
- Gare Maritime, 9 Place Wilson, 06230 Villefranche-sur-Mer, France
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.