As Far from the Madding Crowd as Possible (Prague)
Would you be interested in a guided walk (something like 7 km) around Prague with a local guy and evade the crowds as much as possible?
Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, the Jewish Museum, the Old-Town and Wenceslas Squares – these are Prague musts that people and tourist groups flock to.
Why don’t you see these places on your own and at your pace and do an alternative guided tour that will take you through the historical Prague on both banks of the Vltava river and add something special to the notoriously known?
The contents of the tour (almost exclusively down the hill or horizontal) can be adjusted but the guide suggests it should comprise the following:
- doing an itinerary that is in no guide
- seeing great places and hearing their stories
- having an occasional beer along the way
- learning something about the history and present of Prague and the Czech lands (including Jewish and German populations)
Kids don't pay.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tickets to the National Library's reading room are included.
- Entry/Admission - Klementinum
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages - It is great to have an occasional beer or snack here and there while walking but they are not included in the price of the tour.
- The National Library's reading room is unfortunately closed on Sundays and state holidays.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Strahov Monastery, Strahovske Nadvori 1/132, Prague 11800 Czech Republic
We'll see the monastery with a great view of Prague.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Kampa Park, Mala Strana, Prague 118 00 Czech Republic
We'll get there through the alleys of the Lesser Town. A former island with an important modern art museum and a walk along the Vltava river.
Pass By: National Theater, Narodni 223/2, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
An interesting Neo-reneissance building.
Stop At: Klementinum, Marianske namesti 5, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
A former Jesuit convent, today the seat ot the National Library. Its reading room (ex refectory) is fascinating, although it is closed on Sundays and state holidays.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Rudolfinum, Alsovo Nabrezi, 12, Prague 11000 Czech Republic
An interesting concert hall with a great view of Prague castle. (We are already in the former Jewish ghetto.)
Pass By: UmEleckoprumyslove museum v Praze, 17. listopadu 2, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
Another interesting building erected after the Jewish ghetto was (unfortunately) torn down.
Pass By: The Old-New Synagogue, Maiselova 18, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
It's a beauty.
Pass By: Church of the Holy Ghost, Elisky Krasnohorske 3-5 Siroka, Prague Czech Republic
It, together with a couple of other buildings, constituted a divide between two parts of the Jewish ghetto.
Pass By: Spanish Synagogue, Jewish Museum in Prague, Vezenska 141/1, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
One of some six buildings left standing during the demolition of the former Jewish ghetto. There is an interesting bronze statue of Franz Kafka standing in front of the synagogue.
Departure Point :Pohořelec, 118 00 Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/1/2019 - 6/30/2021
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Rybná, 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.