Assisi and Orvieto Day Trip from Rome
Travel from Rome to Orvieto and Assisi on this full-day trip, and discover two charming towns set amid picture-perfect Italian countryside. Start your day in Orvieto to see its Gothic showstopper, Orvieto Cathedral, followed by lunch near Lake Trasimeno. Explore the UNESCO-listed town of Assisi in Umbria, learning about its patron, St Francis of Assisi, and then stop in Santa Maria degli Angeli to admire its 9th-century Basilica where the saint once worshiped.
per adult from
12 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
What's excluded :
- drinks (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Centro Storico Orvieto
- Entry/Admission - Lake Trasimeno
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa di Santa Chiara
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Orvieto
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Green Line Tours - Day Tours, Via Giovanni Amendola 32 Piazza dei Ciquecento, 00185 Rome Italy
We wait for the rest of the group after picking up at the meeting point, to leave for Umbria.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Centro Storico Orvieto, Piazza della Repubblica, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Leave Rome and travel north by air-conditioned coach, following the River Tiber toward Tuscany. After roughly 1.5 hours on the road, you’ll arrive in the gorgeous town of Orvieto. Seemingly sprouting out of the volcanic rock on which it stands, the hilltop town boasts a history that dates back to Etruscan times.
Stretch your legs and walk around the town, seeing highlights like the 14th-century Orvieto Cathedral – a masterpiece of Gothic architecture with a glistening façade of stained glass, mosaics and sculptures. Soak up Orvieto’s charms and admire the countless churches that are scattered around its center.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Trasimeno, Perugia Italy
Return to your coach and travel through the rolling hills toward Umbria – Tuscany’s lesser known but just as captivating neighbor. Stop for lunch on the shores of Lake Trasimeno, and then continue to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Assisi.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chiesa di Santa Chiara, Via Santa Chiara 49 Complesso Museale di Santa Chiara, 80134, Naples Italy
Three years after his death and one year after the canonization of St. Clare, it began in 1257 with the construction of the church and adjoining convent of the Poor Clares, who had lived in San Damiano since 1212.Famosa come la città natale del santo patrono d'Italia, San Francesco d'Assisi, la piccola città addormentata documenta tutti gli alti e bassi della sua vita. Durante un tour a piedi, vedi la stalla in cui è stato detto di essere nato, la sua casa d'infanzia e il luogo in cui ha promesso la sua vita alla sua vocazione. Ascolta l'altro santo, meno noto della città, Santa Chiara, che divenne uno dei primi veri seguaci di San Francesco. Visita il Convento di Santa Chiara, che le è dedicato, prima di dirigersi verso la Basilica di San Francesco di Assisi per un tour. The site was that of the Church of S. Giorgio, where St. Francis was buried, before being moved to the basilica in 1230.
The building is characterized by the execution of the whole body with pink and white bands and by the majestic flying buttresses supporting the two sides of the church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo, Piazza del Popolo 1, 05018, Orvieto Italy
On the way to visit the basilicas of Santa Chiara and Santa Maria degli Angeli we pass through the Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo.
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli - Porziuncola, Piazza della Porziuncola 1, 06081, Assisi Italy
Before your tour ends, enjoy a final stop in the town of Santa Maria degli Angeli to see its beautiful basilica – a 9th-century church where St Francis reportedly worshiped. Head back to Rome and finish your tour at the start point in the early evening.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
A symbol of the city itself, the Duomo is one of the most beautiful in Italy. The intent was to create one large cathedral for the city, to replace two decaying churches that existed there before. It should also be noted that the delightful story of the event of the Miracle of Bolsena encouraged the construction of the Duomo.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via Giovanni Amendola, 32, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up from any hotel situated in the Central area of Rome.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :Via Giovanni Amendola, Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
- Minimum numbers apply(we require a min. of 6 pax from 1st nov until 31 st march). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.