Assisi and Orvieto private full-day trip from Rome
Your full-day excursion to Assisi and Orvieto begins when you’re met at your hotel in Rome and head out of the city on a drive through north Lazio and Umbria. Along the way you’ll admire the landscapes that change from the rolling hills of Tuscia to the forested mountains of Umbria, known as the green heart of Italy. Your first stop is Assisi, the city of St. Francis that was built from local stone. In spite of the disastrous earthquake that devastated it years ago, Assisi still appears to be a perfectly preserved medieval Umbrian town, and one of the most charming. Experience the enchantment on a walk through its streets, and feel the mystical atmosphere unique to this place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Orvieto
- Entry/Admission - Orvieto Underground
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Basilica Papale e Sacro Convento di San Francesco d'Assisi, Piazza S. Francesco, 2, 06081, Assisi Italy
Assisi is generally regarded as the birthplace of St. Francis, who founded the Franciscan religious order in this town in 1208, and St. Clare, the founder of the Poor Sisters.
The basilica is built into the side of a hill and comprises two churches (known as the Upper Church and the Lower Church) and a crypt, where the remains of the saint are interred.
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Situated in a position dominating the town of Orvieto which sits perched on a volcanic plug, the cathedral's façade is a classic piece of religious construction, containing elements of design from the 14th to the 20th century, with a large rose window, golden mosaics and three huge bronze doors, while inside resides two frescoed chapels decorated by some of the best Italian painters of the period with images of Judgment Day. The cathedral has five bells, dating back to Renaissance
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Orvieto Underground, Piazza del Duomo 23, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Orvieto is a millenary city and has revealed another of those aspects that make it unique and extraordinary: a labyrinth of grottoes is hidden in the rock.
Thanks to the distinctive geological nature of the mass of stone on which it stands, an incredible number of cavities were dug beneath the modern structure of the city.
It's possible to experience a guided tour (entrance ticket not included)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
please provide your hotel name
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.