Assisi Private Walking Tour including St. Francis Basilica
This is an Assisi tour with your private guide. Discover the famous monuments of Assisi on a private walking tour, and stroll down alleys to the typical squares of the Old Town. See Roman ruins, old stone houses, and magnificent frescoes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Headsets for visiting the Basilica of Saint Francis (2,50 euro per person)
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Papale e Sacro Convento di San Francesco d'Assisi
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Superiore di San Francesco d' Assisi
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica Papale e Sacro Convento di San Francesco d'Assisi, Piazza S. Francesco, 2, 06081, Assisi Italy
The Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi is the mother church of the Roman Catholic Order of Friars Minor Conventual in Assisi, a town in the Umbria region in central Italy, where Saint Francis was born and died
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Basilica Superiore di San Francesco d' Assisi, Piazza San Francesco, Assisi Italy
This bright and spacious basilica consists of a single four-bay nave with cross-vaulted ceiling bordered with patterns of crosses and leaves, a transept and a polygonal apse. The four ribbed vaults are decorated alternately with golden stars on a blue background and paintings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Chiesa Nuova 7, 06081, Assisi Italy
Erected in 1615 on the remains of a building believed to be the home of St. Francis. The building’s architecture design is from the Renaissance period. The façade, built of brick, is divided by four pillars supporting a Doric entablature, with attic gable, above which rises a hemispherical dome.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Santa Maria sopra Minerva, Piazza del Comune, 06081, Assisi Italy
The Temple of Minerva is an ancient Roman building. It currently houses a church, Santa Maria sopra Minerva, built in 1539 and renovated in Baroque style in the 17th century.
The temple was built in the 1st century by will of Gnaeus Caesius and Titus Caesius Priscus, who were two of the city's quattuorviri and also financed the construction.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Basilica di Santa Chiara, Piazza Santa Chiara, 06081, Assisi Italy
The Basilica of Saint Clare is a church dedicated to and contains the remains of Saint Clare of Assisi, a follower of Saint Francis of Assisi and founder of the Order of Poor Ladies, known today as the Order of Saint Clare.
Pass By: Umbria Con Me Day Tours, St. Pietro Nenni, 06081, Assisi Italy
Official Assisi Tour Guides
Departure Point :Piazza Santa Chiara, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
Return Detail :Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi, Piazza Inferiore di S. Francesco, 2, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please notice: on Sundays, big Catholic holidays and National holidays, guided tours inside the Basilica of St. Francis ar forbidden. You guide will explain to you the church from outside, and you will enter alone on silence.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.