Astonishing Mingun by Boat
A speck along the Ayeyarwaddy yet of immense importance for the royal stature of nearby Mandalay during the bygone days, seeing Mingun and its well-preserved marvels will remain forever etched in your mind. Only a few hours is enough to be awestruck.
• See the immense brick structure of Mingun Paya
• Stand tall with the world’s heaviest bronze bell
• Wander through the holy site of the Hsinbyume Paya
• Enjoy a leisurely boat ride over the Ayeyarwaddy
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- Return boat ride from and to Mingun
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Mingun Bell
- Entry/Admission - Hsinbyume Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Mingun Pahtodawgyi
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ayeyarwady River, Myanmar
We will pick you up from your hotel in Mandalay by your guide and driver and transfer to the boat jetty for a one-hour boat ride upriver over the Ayeyarwaddy River (the distance is approximately 11 kilometres). Ancient Mingun is located on the western bank of the Ayeyarwaddy River and is part of one of the protected zones in Myanmar. To protect the cultural heritage and natural sites around Mingun, a zone fee is levied for all visitors entering the borders of this tourism destination. The fees are used for conservation projects and ensure the region remains attractive for generations to come.
Stop At: Mingun Bell, Hauptstrasse, Mingun Myanmar
Upon arrival, we start with a visit to the Mingun Bell, a striking sight of the world's largest un-cracked bell. Gazetted in the record books as the largest and 2nd heaviest (90 tons) bell in the world, the bronze Mingun Bell is considered a highlight for every visit to Mingun.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hsinbyume Pagoda, Mingun Myanmar
After admiring this bell, we continue to the Hsinbyume Paya as well as the unfinished Mingun Paya, built as one of the largest stupas on the planet. Sprawling across the Mingun horizon, the white-painted Hsinbyume Paya Pagoda is the largest in Sagaing region. The pagoda lies around 10 kilometres outside Mandalay, built in 1816 by Prince Bagyidaw and has a stunning location along the Irrawaddy River.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mingun Pahtodawgyi, Mingun Myanmar
The nearby Mingun Paya is an incomplete monument that was said to be a place of prayer when the foundation was laid at the end of the 18th century. Had it been completed, the Mingun Paya would have held the record as the planet's biggest temple.
Ravaged after an earthquake destroyed parts of this pagoda, sources say that it was projected to reach 150 metres up in the sky. The present 50-metre high religious shrine simple is a must-see when heading over to Mingun.
We return by boat for a smooth sailing downstream the Ayeyarwaddy River back to Mandalay, passing picturesque villages along the way and our guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Mandalay hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Mandalay. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Sagaing, Amarapura, river cruise ports and Mandalay’s International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs. When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.