Astoria, Queens - Taste Your Way Around the World
Travel around the world as we taste our way along some of the most diverse streets of NYC.
Named for one of the richest men in New York’s history, Astoria is a living monument to its immigrant population past and present.
As we visit restaurants, cafes and food shops, we will embark on an international feast spanning four continents. Tastings will include yummy baklava, Colombian sweet bread, fresh-made mozzarella, flaky spanakopita, and other Greek specialties and more.
While we discuss and taste our way through Astoria’s diverse and worldwide heritage, we’ll also explore the neighborhood’s historic connections to the Steinway piano company and the film industry (past and present), stand on a Revolutionary War site, check out “Little Egypt” as we walk through NYC’s “largest department store,” Steinway Street.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Tour is led by a licensed NYC Sightseeing Guide
- 8-10 tastes from local shops that reflect the neighborhood's diversity
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden, 2919 24th Ave, Astoria, NY 11102-1129
The tour ends at Bohemian Hall, the oldest beer hall in NYC and you will be free to explore the neighborhood.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Grand Wine & Liquor Store, 30-05 31st St, Astoria, NY 11102, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden, 29-19 24th Ave, Queens, NY 11102, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- In order to better enable you to hear the guide while social distancing, we will be using an app for smart phones. If you have earphones for your cell, please bring them with you. Masks are required to participate in the tour. This will be strictly enforced.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.