Astros Cross Country Bike – Moustos Lagoon
Moustos lagoon, at a European level, has been included in the NATURA 2000 Network as a Special Conservation Area (GR2520003), whereas, at national level it has been defined as a Strict Nature Reserve Area, as a Nature Reserve Area and as a Wildlife Refuge
per adult from
What's included :
- Bike & helmet
What's excluded :
Info for Moustos Lagoon
The area is particularly important for the survival and migration of aquatic, raptors and birds of prey as it is on the migratory route of the eastern coast of Greece.
It is the main waterfowl area in the Eastern Peloponnese.In addition, a variety of reptiles,
amphibians, small mammals and fish are recorded in the Moustos lagoon and its adjacent ditches.
What to Expect
During our journey we can make many stops to observe the fauna, and our guide can inform you about functions of Moustos wetland, which varies and includes, among others, the support of animal life, water storage, change of flood phenomena, etc. The functions of the wetland ecosystem result in values such as high biodiversity, anti-flooding, anti-corrosion and others, such as scientific and educational.
After about 4 hour trip we end in a greek traditional cafe where we will enjoy our coffee and discuss the experience of our excursion.
Moustos lagoon, at a European level, has been included in the NATURA 2000 Network as a Special Conservation Area (GR2520003), whereas, at national level it has been defined as a Strict Nature Reserve Area, as a Nature Reserve Area and as a Wildlife Refuge.
Departure Point :Astros 220 01, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.