At Your Convenience: Dive into the history of London's toilets on an audio tour
We take toilets (and most other sanitary fixtures) for granted... but there is nothing pre-ordained or natural about them. They reflect deeply ingrained cultural norms.
This self-guided audio walking tour through Bloomsbury dives into the history of toilets and how we came to appreciate them, from the Great Stink of 1858 and London's cholera outbreaks to modern development work... and of course tales of toilet greats, like the eponymous Thomas Crapper.
Music by Paul Freeman; Guest voices: Barbara Penner, Tse-Hui Teh, Catalina Pollak, Lucinda Hawksley, Rudi Grace.
per adult from
30 to 45 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: University of London, Senate House Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU England
The tour passes the University College London.
Pass By: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Keppel St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7HT, UK
The tour passes the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Pass By: Senate House Library, Senate House University of London, Malet St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7HU, UK
The tour passes the Senate House Library
Pass By: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
The tour passes through the British Museum.
Pass By: King Edward Vll Gallery, 1A Montague Pl, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7JW, UK
The tour passes the King Edward Vll Gallery.
Pass By: Princess Louise, Holborn, 208 High Holborn, Holborn, London WC1V 7EP, UK
The tour ends outside the Princess Louise Holborn pub
Departure Point :Euston Square Station, London NW1 2PG, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/23/2020 - 11/18/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Princess Louise, Holborn, 208 High Holborn, Holborn, London WC1V 7EP, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.