Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff
Visit Canada's famous glaciers on a full-day seasonal excursion from Banff. Your personalized small group tour takes you through an awe-inspiring landscape carved by glaciers and remnants from the last ice age, as you travel along the Icefields Parkway, one of the world's most scenic highways.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Picnic lunch
- Columbia Icefield Glacier Adventure: Ice Explorer! Tour and Glacier Skywalk
- Small group tour (maximum of 24 guests)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre, Highway 93 Icefields Pkwy, Improvement District No. 12, Jasper National Park, Alberta T1L 1J3 Canada
Departing from the centre, you'll climb aboard the Ice Explorer (a six-wheeled behemoth of a vehicle) and drive across the surface of this glittering sheet of ice. Getting thirsty? You’ll have a chance to drink pure, cold water straight from the glacier.
Them, be transported to the glass floor Glacier Skywalk, hanging from the edge of the Sunwapta Valley at 918-foot (280 m), for unparalleled views of the canyon below and mountains around you.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Icefields Parkway, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
This tour travels halfway along the world-famous Icefields Parkway, recognized as one of the top drives in the world passing numerous Rocky Mountain peaks, glaciers, waterfalls and emerald lakes.
Stop At: Crowfoot Glacier, Improvement District No. 9, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
A brief stop provides one of the day’s many up close glacier views.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Bow Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
You will visit Bow Lake, one of Banff National Park's largest lakes. Bow Lake is fed by meltwater from the Bow Glacier in the Wapta Icefield and lies at the base of Bow Summit.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Our guide will be there within the 15 minute pick up window.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates do not include lunch
- Early and late season road / trail closures may limit access to some areas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.