Athens Half Day Tour to Cape Sounio, Athenian Riviera and Temple of Poseidon
In this tour you will have the opportunity to admire the Athenian coast line on the way to Cape Sounion visiting the temple of Poseidon. We will depart from Athens to a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Palaion Faliron, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza), all the way to Cape Sounion where you will visit the 5th century B. C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking Panoramic views.
After your visit to the archaeological site, you will have the opportunity to have lunch at a local restaurant with magical view, next to the water.
We can make this tour an experience of a Lifetime! Be our guest!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English speaking Knowledgeable and Experienced Tour Driver.
- Luxury transportation with New Mercedes Vehicles (the latest models).
- Flexibility according to travelers Needs and Interests
- Athens Hotel, Apartment or Port (Cruise Ship) Pickup and Return
- Rates include: Service for a Private Driver-guide and All Vehicle expenses
What's excluded :
- Licensed Guide for guiding inside the Archaeological site, is an extra service upon request.
- Entrance Fees (10 euros per person / 5 euros per person reduced)
- Food and Drinks
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
The Ancient Greek temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, built during 444–440 BC, is one of the major monuments of the Golden Age of Athens. It is perched above the sea at a height of almost 60 metres (200 ft).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
Lake Vouliagmeni ("Sunken Lake") is a small brackish-water lake fed by underground currents seeping through the mass of Mount Hymettus located to the south of Vouliagmeni, Greece.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Varkiza, Varkiza, East Attica Region, Attica
One of the most beautiful seaside suburbs that we will observe on the way to Cape Sounion. We are going to drive by the Athenian Riviera and All the Seaside suburbs of Athens in order to reach the location of the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion.
Pass By: Glyfada, Glyfada, Attica
Another beautiful seaside suburb, with the biggest market. A lovely fishermen port and an Amazing All White churche in the middle of the cetral square.
Stop At: Palaia Fokaia, Palaia Fokaia, East Attica Region, Attica
A fishermen's village that we are going to stop at an amazing place, right next to the Aegean sea water, for your lunch or dinner.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your Hotel (Any Hotel), Apartment, Piraeus port, Cruise ship or a specific place in the city of Athens.Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Drivers are very experienced, friendly and knowledgeable about the Greek history, mythology and our culture. Love to share their knowledge and they will provide you with a lot of useful information but they cannot come with you inside the archaeological sites. In Greece drivers are not permitted to offer guide services within such premises, only licensed guides can and it is an extra service.
- This is a Private Tour. Only for You and for Your Group.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.