Athens: Meteora – Thermopylae Day Trip Small group up to 7p
The Monastery of Great Meteoron, built on the most imposing rock, it’s the largest and most formal of the extant Meteora which occupies a commanding position among the monastic complex of Meteora. The Great Meteoron was founded shortly before the middle of the 14th century by Saint Athanasios the Meteorite, who was also its first founder and the first to organize a systematic monastic community. The Holy Monastery of Varlaam was named after its founder, the ascetic monk Varlaam who lived in a cave as a hermit and built a chapel on top of a rock. In the 16th century, two brothers, Theophanis and Nektarios Apsaradas who were both monks, enlarged the chapel and built a monastery.
The Beautiful and historic city of Kalambaka.
Visit the historic Thermopylae, the location where the battle between armies’ took place, between ancient Greeks and Persians that changed the course of European history. See the battlefield, the statue of King Leonidas and visit the museum.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Luxury Mercedes Mini Van
- English speaking driver - Guide
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Battlefield of Thermopylae
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Battlefield of Thermopylae, Thermopylae Greece
Visit the historic Thermopylae, the location where the battle between armies’ took place, between ancient Greeks and Persians that changed the course of European history. See the battlefield, the statue of King Leonidas and visit the museum
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
You will have the opportunity to visit monasteries with Byzantine architecture on rocks, that have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage. Take photos and videos of the amazing, unique worldwide, high landscape. Visit the monasteries of Great Meteoro and Varlaam Monastery
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kalambaka, Kalambaka, Trikala Region, Thessaly
We visit the beautifull city of Kalambaka where you could taste the local delicious traditional Greek cuisine.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
BNB AT ATHENS
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.