Athens Tasting Workshop and Food Market Tour
For those who have limited time and want to taste the most beloved Greek snacks, this experience is the perfect option!
We will start with a food tasting workshop during which you'll try the basics of Greek cuisine: Olive oil, Greek yogurt, and honey. They all played a significant role in the mythology and history of Greece and they have been used for thousands of years by the Greeks. You will learn all the nutritional information about the Olive oil and how to preserve it. You will get to know what makes the Greek yogurt the best in the world and try it with local honey.
Next, you will try the famous Greek cheese-filled snack pie (tyropita). You will also savor loukoumades, the deep-fried dough balls covered in honey, considered to be the oldest recorded dessert traced back to the first Olympic Games of 776 B.C. when they were served to the winners as “honey tokens".
Our last stop is the central food market, the place that plays a major part in Athens' gastronomical scene.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Greek yogurt, Honey
What's excluded :
- Anything not mentioned in the "What's included" section.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sofokleous, Athina, Greece
Take part in a Greek tasting workshop in one of Athens' best deli shops. After you savor the best Greek ingredients, you will enjoy the famous tyropita, one of the most beloved Greek snacks on-the-go.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Aiolou, Athina, Greece
Try some of the best Greek desserts, the well-known loukoumades, in the most famous eatery of the city which operates since 1923.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Varvakios Central Municipal Market, Athinas 42, Athina 105 51, Greece
Explore the central market of Athens, which locals visit in order to buy Greek meat and seafood of the highest quality.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Sofokleous 1, Athina 105 59, Greece
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Varvakios Central Municipal Market, Athinas 42, Athina 105 51, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.