Athens Vintage Walking Tour
Travel back in time in the old city of Athens by embarking on a full day walking tour. Venture into the picturesque and urban alleyways and back lanes to explore the city like a local. Discover hidden treasures that many visitors don't know exist, such as the oldest coffee grinding shop and a ''koboloi'' shop located in the heart of the city. Get to know about Greek music and musical instruments. Visit the antique market and old record shops. Learn about Greek culinary culture by visiting the most popular market for the locals and tasting traditional Greek coffee in a quaint coffee shop and ''mezedes'' at a tavern.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Begin the day by meeting up with your local guide at Monastiraki square. Enjoy a delicious cup of Greek coffee and why not challenge yourself with a game of backgammon at an old coffee shop just like the locals do. Walk through Monastiraki's Flea Market and if you wish you may stop and shop for some local delicacies. Monastiraki is the heart of the city ever since the ancient times and is still a gathering place today. Learn about the history of the ancient ruins as you walk passed them. Whilst strolling through the streets of the picturesque area of Plaka, visit the Museum of Greek Folk Musical Instruments and learn about the music that the Greeks love and accompanies Greek festivities.
Rest and gather your strength for the rest of the tour by taking a lunch break at a local tavern, where you will taste traditional Greek dishes paired with the famous drink ''ouzo''. After lunch walk passed the old hidden record shops and antique market in the busy streets of Monastiraki. Make your way through the urban streets of Psiri and indulge yourself in Greek desserts like the popular and loved by the locals ''syropiasta'', which is delicious pastries in syrup or drink some Greek coffee and relax.
Continue exploring the vintage side of the city by taking a look at a wide collection of ''komboloi'', which are worry beads manipulated with one or two hands and used to pass time in Greek culture. Learn how Greek musical instruments are made at a traditional work shop. Moving on, walk passed the historic, hectic and colourful Athens Central Agora (also referred to as Varvakios market) which is the highlight of the vibrant Athens market district. Coffee is a basic ingredient in the Greek diet and part of the everyday routine of the locals, at Plateia Kotzia close to the market you will have the opportunity to visit one of the oldest coffee grinding shops in the city.
Departure Point :Monastiraki Square
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.