Atitlan Hiking and Birding - Day tour from Antigua
This is the ideal day-tour for those who love culture and nature. We will leave Antigua at 6 in the morning and drive for 1:50hrs to visit the beautiful Los Tarrales Natural Reserve. This 1,300-hectare private reserve is located right at Atitlan´s volcano slope. In its extension, experts have counted more than 350 species of birds reside.
During our morning visit, you will also enjoy miles of trails with coffee bushes, ornamental plants, jungle and water springs. For lunchtime, we will visit the charming Mayan Village of San Lucas Toliman. Before to take our shuttle back to Antigua, don´t forget to interact with the locals right at lake Atitlan´s shore and check out their products and handicrafts.
This activity has been designed to amaze and fulfill the expectations of travelers looking for re-encountering nature. From amateur/nature lovers to avid birders.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Tarrales Natural Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tarrales Natural Reserve, Km 164.2 of National Route 11 or CA 2, San Lucas Toliman 07013 Guatemala
The protected area starts at 700 meters high and extends to 3,000 meters above sea level. Los Tarrales is a very important area for wildlife conservation in Guatemala. Because hunting is not allowed in Los Tarrales, it is easy to see animals such as white-tailed deer, Agouti, White-bellied Chachalaca and Crested Guan. Besides, signs of Puma droppings and scratches are frequently observed.
For those who love bird watching, the list of birds on a morning walk is simply extensive. Here´s some, black-headed saltator, Yellow-winged Tanager, Blue-gray Tanager, Yellow-naped parrot, several types of parekeets, Cinnamon Hummingbirds, orioles and more. The well trained local guides at Los Tarrales will help you to observe all the birds possible.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: San Lucas Toliman, San Lucas Toliman, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
San Lucas Toliman is a Mayan Village where a big majority of its inhabitants are fishermen, farmers, and talented handcrafters. We will certainly suggest a good restaurant to have lunch there with breathtaking views of the lake.
After lunch you will have free time to browse around the small village, talk to the locals or buy souvenirs. We will be taking our shuttle back to Antigua at 3:30 pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will pick you up at your hotel. Please send your hotel name
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.