Atlanta City Sightseeing Tour by Segway
Take a guided Segway tour through Atlanta's historic neighborhoods such as Downtown, Cabbagetown, Old Fourth Ward and Inman Park. Stop at landmarks like the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Park, Oakland Cemetery, and admire innovative developments such as the Atlanta Beltline. Traveling by Segway allows you to cover more ground than walking and stay close to the action for an unforgettable sightseeing tour of Atlanta.
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- 2.5-hr guided tour
- 15-minute to 30-minute training
What's excluded :
- Once you meet your guide in downtown Atlanta, start your tour by receiving 15–30 minutes of Segway training. When your group feels comfortable, hop on your two-wheel transport and set out to see Atlanta! You’ll have plenty of opportunities to stop for photos and to ask questions of your friendly and knowledgeable guide along the way.
Glide through Downtown Atlanta, pass the over the iconic Jackson Street bridge, then hop over to the Old Fourth Ward and the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Park, which commemorates the famous civil rights leader. Pass the red brick walls of the venerable Ebenezer Baptist Church, where Dr. King, his father, and grandfather all served as ministers. In the 1960s, the church evolved into a spiritual haven for civil rights activists.
You'll visit Inman Park, once the site of legendary Civil War battles. Marvel at the grand old homes — the area was also part of the first-planned Atlanta suburb in the late 19th century — as you snap photos and experience a glimpse of the Atlanta Beltline, a former 22-mile (35-km) railroad corridor that is being redeveloped into a network of public parks and multi-use trails. It’s yet another example of the treasures to be found in this dynamic city! to the Cabbagetown neighborhood and hear about its transformation from small mill town to an artist haven with terrific restaurants. Keep an eye out for colorful street murals as you go. Continue to the historic Oakland Cemetery, the final resting place of many of Atlanta’s most notable citizens, and take in its architectural flourishes and peaceful gardens.
During your journey around Atlanta’s neighborhoods and quieter streets, you’ll gain an understanding of the city’s past and present while learning fun facts from your experienced guide. After 2.5 hours, return to the starting point to end your tour.
Departure Point :160 Ted Turner Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 14 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All passenger weights MUST be at least 100 lbs (45 kg) to 260 lbs (117 kg)
- Dress Code: no flip flops, or loose/hanging clothing; it is recommended that you bring hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Due to fall risk, no pregnant guests are allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.