Atlas Mountain Day Trip
Imlil is best known as a base for trekkers and mountaineers. As a village it is situated in a stunning location, fairy-tale like especially in winter. For Toubkal, this is the stopping off point for 90% of walkers or trekkers looking to climb the highest mountain in North Africa. Here you can find accommodation, guides, mules, equipment, information and most importantly; a fantastic view of Toubkal.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport from Marrakech and back
- Qualified Mountain Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Imlil Day Trips, Marrakech Morocco
The Day Excursion from Marrakech to Imlil departs by car from Marrakech around 9am. The drive takes about 1h30 and goes south up the Moulay Brahim Gorges, past the Asni weekly market every Saturday then to Imlil. Imlil is (1740m) set in the upper level foothills of the Western High Atlas mountains, a main trail-head with streams and paths branching out in all directions. Here we shall leave our vehicle to take a welcome glass of mint tea in the village and meet your local guide prior to setting out for some 4km excursion. We will go travel south to the Berber village of Aroumd (Aremd) (1843m), passing the hamlets of ait souka, Targa, and Imoula, up and down the stark slopes, the jagged Western High Atlas peaks of the Toubkal Massif before us – Jbels Aguelzim (3547m), Aksouâl (3847m) and the Adrar Adj (3122m) watching us all the way.
We shall stop at Aroumd to visit this rather singular village in the Assif Aït Mizane Valley, built seemingly house upon house on a large moraine spur, overlooking ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn and vegetables and always surrounded by almond and walnut trees. We thence carry on for another Half an Hour to get to our lunch wish will be served among a berber familly in the village of achayn prior to setting off back down the other side of the valley back to Imlil and our return trip to Marrakech.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up can be from any where in Marrakech (Hotel / Riad / airport...) Airports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :10:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.