Atlas Mountains and Agafay Desert 4x4 Safari
Enjoy a full-day trip to the High Atlas Mountains and meet local Berbers. Visit Toubkal National Park and Imlil village, where you can choose a moderate guided hike or continue on to the village by 4x4 vehicle. Eat a traditional lunch with a local family.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer by modern air-conditioned Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4
- Berber house visit with mint tea
- Trekking in the Toubkal National Park with local guide (optional)
- 3-course Berber lunch with the locals
- Camel ride
- Speaking English/French driver and guide
- Professional mountain guide
- Small group tour
- All entrance fees
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Agafay, Agafay, Marrakech-Safi
Discover and explore deep Berber country in the High Atlas Mountains, and enjoy the landscapes of desert, valleys, villages, and open plains on a full-day trip from Marrakech.
The drive takes you first to the Agafay Desert, just south of Marrakech, where you’ll experience some dune bashing before continuing on to the Lalla Takerkoust region, making your first stop on the hills overlooking the lake.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Imlil, Imlil, Marrakech-Safi
From here you’ll begin a 4x4 adventure on dirt tracks rarely frequented by tourists and climb up to the Kik Plateau, where you’ll drive from village to village meeting locals, visiting Berber homes, and sampling their traditional mint tea and homemade bread.
When you arrive at Imlil Village, located in the heart of Toubkal National Park, you’ll have the option of hiking for an hour to Armed village or continue to the village by 4x4. The 1-hour hike with a local guide is of moderate difficulty.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
In the village you’ll be served a Berber lamb tagine for lunch at a local home. You’ll also enjoy Moroccan salads and homemade bread during the meal.
After lunch and a short relaxation break, you’ll head down a gentle hill to Imlil village, where you’ll meet your driver for the 1-hour trip back to Marrakech via the Haouz plains.
Duration: 4 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.