Atlas Mountains Day Trip from Marrakech with a Camel Ride
Your guide and his family welcome you into their home, the day's activities are varied and yet relaxed, and there are multiple stunning photo ops throughout. As your guide, I will do everything in my power to guarantee your experience is a wonderful and memorable one.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Camel ride_ Guide _ mineral water _ tea in Argan cooperative _
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aroumd, Aroumd, Imlil, Marrakech-Safi
We will meet at your Hotel or outside Argana Café at 8:30 am (in Jamaa el Fna square). From there we will be picked up by our driver and begin our journey to the High Atlas mountains. Our first stop will be a peaceful place where you'll be dressed in traditional Berber clothes and enjoy a camel ride. Next we'll drive to a women's argan oil cooperative where there will be a bread & oil tasting with Moroccan tea.
Next stop will be Imlil (altitude 1740 m), the picturesque and lively valley which will be the starting point of our hike. It is a nice place with a fast flowing river, walnut trees and very traditional Berber villages dotted throughout. From here we will start our 2 1/2-hour walk with a leisurely stop at my charming home where you can take in the stunning view from my rooftop terrace while you enjoy a delicious Berber lunch prepared lovingly by my mother.
After lunch we'll continue our walk through the Berber villages and pass by a spectacular waterfall, after which we will find our car waiting to drive us back to Marrakech (arriving back in the city at approximately 5:30pm).
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Imlil, Imlil, Marrakech-Safi
we will stop in Imlil waterfulls which are located in the heart of the Hight Atlas.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Asni, Asni, Marrakech-Safi
we Will walk around Asni traditional market where residents from the local community as well as those living miles away come into town on market day for shopping, socializing and gossiping. The vendors travel by donkey (some with carts), small cars and trucks as they make the weekly circuit in the mountains. Like typical farmers’ markets, there is a huge variety of goods for sale – herbs, spices, fresh fruit and vegetables, shoes, men and women’s clothing, chickens (live and dead), household items, etc. – plus some local specialties such as goat heads and sheep heads (for making soup) and items needed by the farmers such as used/recycled iron tools. The most interesting part of the market was the “parking lot” (see photos, below). We were the only Western tourists walking through the fairly large, open-air market in the late afternoon and found the locals and vendors to be quite friendly, with some speaking some English (our guide did a great job of helping us navigate through the market).
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Toubkal, Morocco
from our lunch place we will see the summit of Toubkal clearly.
Toubkal is a mountain peak in southwestern Morocco, located in the Toubkal National Park. At 4,167 metres (13,671 ft), it is the highest peak in the Atlas Mountains, Morocco, North Africa and the Arab World. Located 63 km (39 mi) south of the city of Marrakesh, and visible from it, Toubkal is an ultra prominent peak, the highest for over 2,000 km (1,200 mi). For climbers it is "the most popular mountain objective in the Atlas mountains"
Departure Point :Argana, Jamâa el-fnna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
in case you did not send us the Adress to pick you up, we will meet you outside Argana café at 8:30 am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.