ATV Full-Day Tour in Jaco
This full-day ATV tour is a great off-road adventure in Costa Rica!
This is a perfect option whether you’re a solo rider or riding with friends or family. You will have a professional bilingual guide to take you way off the beaten path and into Costa Rica’s hidden waterfalls, rivers, seasonal trails and to places in the rainforest most locals don’t even know about. This tour is an unforgettable day of ATV riding, fun and adventure in the rainforest.
Sitting astride an ATV is one of the best ways to experience adventure travel on your trip to Los Suenos, Costa Rica.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Local Transportation (Jaco - Los Suenos only)
- Equipment Rentals
- Delicious Authentic Lunch
- Bilingual Guide
- Waterfall entrance
- Entry/Admission - ATV Adventure Tours Costa Rica
- Entry/Admission - Catarata Bijagual
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: ATV Adventure Tours Costa Rica, Next to Subway - Jaco Centro, Jaco, Garabito Municipality 33710 Costa Rica
The tour begins in the mountains directly behind Jacó, and continues roughly half the distance to the peak of the mountain to a beautiful 35ft. waterfall (Cascada del Zorro) – a perfect spot to get a little wet and take some photos.
After the brief stop, we continue up through primary rainforest and above the canopy to the top of the mountain range. Just beyond the crest of the mountain lies a beautiful mirador offering views of the ocean playing against sands as far south as Manuel Antonio, as far west as the Nicoya Peninsula, and as far north as the port city of Puntarenas.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Quebrada Amarilla, Quebrada Amarilla, Jaco District, Garabito Municipality, Province of Puntarenas
We enjoy a cool drink with the view, and then continue along the ridgeline of the mountains that offer more incredible views of this pristine area. This primary rainforest leads the way towards the mountains that surround Playa Hermosa.
After stopping off at one more epic viewpoint, we descend the mountains of La Gloria toward the Tulin River to our river-side lunch spot in the small rural town of Mata de Platano.
Once fed, we start a new climb through the similarly small and remote villages of Montelimar, Angostura, Pavona and San Gabriel before passing through Las Delicias (population: 39) famous for its ATV and motocross rallies.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Catarata Bijagual, Jaco, Garabito Municipality Costa Rica
Though it’s impossible to describe every little pueblo we pass on the tour, suffice it to say that each has its own unique charm, and the locals always greet us with a wave and a smile.
Once arriving in Bijagual - the last mountain pueblo we pass - we begin our final descent to a beach-side bar where we gather refreshments for the end of our beach run. A quick 2 kilometer run alongside the Pacific Ocean brings us to a view of the sun making its way for the Nicoya Peninsula on the other side of the Gulf, and chance to have a drink before heading back to Headquarters.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Adventure Tours Costa Rica, Al Frente Subway Restaurante, Av. Pastor Díaz Local 1, Provincia de Puntarenas, Jacó, Costa Rica
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommended to Bring: Camera, Closed-toed shoes (tennis shoes, etc), Clothes you can get dirty (shorts/t-shirts), Swimsuits, Sunscreen, Bug spray (though not necessary)
- Children under 4 years old can't ride
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Will be operated by a bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Please bring a Visa or MC for the damage deposit
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No flip flops, sandals, or open-toed shoes
- ATV drivers must be 16 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license
- Unlicensed participants and children under 16 must ride as passengers
- The number of ATV passengers in your group may not outnumber the ATV drivers
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.