Aurora Hunting With Skis Or Snowshoes in Pyhä
On this tour you'll get to go out in the wilderness in the evening with skis or snowshoes according to your liking in search for the magical Northern Lights in the Pyhätunturi area! Skiing or snowshoeing in the dark wilderness is an unforgettable experience and with the right conditions you can see the Northern Lights in the night sky.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Equipment (Skis or Snowshoes, Poles, Headlamp)
- Warm drinks (Tea or hot berry juice)
What's excluded :
Join our evening skiing experience in the wilderness as we hunt the Northern Lights. You can choose if you this to use skis or snowshoes during the tour. Entering the wilderness after sunset is an unforgettable experience as we move with headlamps in the snowy backcountry. On a clear night we will see the stars and moon guiding our way. With the right conditions we will have a chance to see the beautiful Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) roaming against the dark sky. Enjoy complimentary hot beverages and Nordic snacks on the go.
On this evening time wilderness tour we will be skiing/snowshoeing in a relatively easy wilderness terrain in the Pyhätunturi Area. You can choose between Snowshoes or OAC skin based skis which are designed for wilderness skiing. The adjustable bindings in snowshoes or skis fit to most winter or hiking boots. The tour takes about two and a half hours and includes a tasting platter of Nordic snacks and foods accompanied with hot beverages to keep you warm and energised during the tour.
Earlier experience of snowshoes or wilderness skiing is not needed
Departure Point :Isokuru 1, 98530 Pelkosenniemi, Finland
Departure Time :7:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.