Aurora Husky Trekking
Combine a hike with our lovely huskies, a visit to our center and the possibility to see this season’s first northern lights! Be prepared for some exercise!
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- On arrival at our camp, we’ll offer you rain clothes and boots to keep you dry during the activity. First you will get a guided tour of our dog yard, meet our 300 Alaskan huskies, and cuddle with our puppies. Then you will take some of our grown-up dogs for a hike, to see the arctic nature in fall. We usually do not give a dog to each guest, as our dogs are strong and trained to pull – most guests are happy to rotate handling them. Be prepared for some exercise! When it starts to get dark, keep your eyes on the sky and the magical northern lights might make an appearance.
Back at our center we will serve you Bacalao, a traditional Norwegian fish dish (vegetarian option available) and light a bonfire under the stars, where you can sit on reindeer skins and wait for the Aurora Borealis.
There is also an opportunity to watch a short movie about Finnmarksløpet, the second longest dog sled race in the world, that Tromsø Villmarkssenter participates in.
Departure Point :Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø, Sjøgata 7, 9259 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :6:15 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.