Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Trip from Krakow
Visiting Auschwitz-Birkenau is a solemn and morbid journey, but one worth the price. The unassuming towns of Oświęcim and Brzezinka, only an hour from Kraków, are the site of a horrifying tragedy. The Auschwitz-Birkenau complex embodies the grim objective of the Holocaust - gathering and exterminating masses of people in inhuman ways and conditions. Initially planned to serve primarily as a concentration camp, Auschwitz-Birkenau was transformed into a factory of death. The cold and ruthless industrial design of this genocide camp murdered around 1,5 million people.
Every year, countless visitors from across the entire world come to Auschwitz to commemorate these victims and never forget what took place there. For those doing it for the first time, a guide-assisted trip is the best choice. No amount of reading about it can compare to seeing the gas chambers and crematoria with your own eyes. This experience will stay with you for the rest of your life.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Documentary movie
- Standard 3.5 hour group tour of Auschwitz and Birkenau
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
Visit the most well-known former concentration camp and the place of the biggest and most tragic genocide in the world history – The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum that has witnessed death of around 1.5 million people committed by the Nazis. During your trip, you will visit Auschwitz I, which was the first and main part of the camp but also served as administrative headquarters for the whole complex and Birkenau, which was initially designed as a concentration camp and quickly turned into the main place of the genocide with gas chambers and crematoria. Birkenau was also the place where women’s camp was located. It definitely is a must-see place in Poland, but also in Europe altogether.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed please add a remark and we will pick you up from any accommodation (also Airbnb) located within Krakow City limits.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Private transportation 7/31/2020 - 12/31/2021
Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Trip from Krakow 1/1/2020 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks allowed on the museum grounds is 30 x 20 x 10 centimeters (roughly 12 x 8 x 4 inches). You can always leave your belongings inside the bus which will be parked nearby
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Increased ventilation by opening windows and replacing air filters regularly, keeping fan ON and re-circulation OFF, to maintain fresh air flow.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.