Authentic Cyprus Historic Day Tour from Paphos
Experience and taste of Cyprus tradition in Letymvou! where you will enjoy a Cyprus breakfast. The breakfast it included baked bread, haloumi, olives, tomatoes and cucumber.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Includes late Cypriot breakfast
- Wine tasting
- Professional driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Paphos city center hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed guide
- Entry/Admission - Makarounas Boutique Winery
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Agia Paraskevi Church, Agias Paraskevis, Geroskipou 8200 Cyprus
A unique 5-domed church of St Paraskevi, built in the 9th century reputedly on the site where the ancient temple of Aphrodite previously stood
We begin our day with a stop at a pottery workshop in Yeroskipou village, where we will see how the potters continue the ancient traditional craft and if you are lucky you might even try your hand at the wheel.
Our next stop is at the village square where we will see the unique 5-domed church of St Paraskevi, built in the 9th century reputedly on the site where the ancient temple of Aphrodite previously stood. We will also have a chance to see how the ‘loukoumia’ (Turkish delights) are made and wander around the square with its local produce shops.
From there we will go to a small village, Letymbou, where we will visit Sophia’s traditional house where you can see rooms with the original furniture and décor as well as traditional costumes. You will learn how she bakes village bread in the clay oven and makes other local delicacies such as the traditional halloumi cheese. Afterwards we will have a special Cypriot breakfast prepared by Sophia with village style bread and coffee or tea (breakfast included in the price).
Next we will visit the Saint Neophytos monastery and the “Enkleistra”, an enclosure which was carved out of the mountain in the 12th century by the hermit Neophytos and contains some of the finest Byzantine frescoes. The main church of the monastery was built around 200 years after the death of St Neophytos and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. On the way back to Paphos we will visit a local winery where you will be guided through the wine Production and have the chance to taste the different wines.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aphrodite Delights Loukoumi, Geroskipou 2 Kantarenas, Geroskipou 8201 Cyprus
We will have a chance to see how the ‘loukoumia’ (Cyprus delights) are made
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Agios Neophytos Monastery, Paphos Cyprus
we will visit the Saint Neophytos monastery and the “Enkleistra”, an enclosure which was carved out of the mountain in the 12th century by the hermit Neophytos and contains some of the finest Byzantine frescoes. The main church of the monastery was built around 200 years after the death of St Neophytos and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. On the way back to Paphos we will visit a local winery where you will be guided through the wine Production and have the chance to taste the different wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Letymvou, Cyprus
Drive to Letymvou village and visit Sofia' traditional house.Watch how she makes bread and other seasonal products.You can have a late Cypriot breakfast with bread,olives and halloumi(included in the price)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Makarounas Boutique Winery, Agiou Nikolaou 13, Letymvou 8546 Cyprus
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Message will be send through Viator to advise for your exact pick up point and time .Information of the hotel name is needed.In case you won’t receive the message please call us at least a day before departure.If you cannot find your hotel please call us to give you the nearest pick up point .Failure of the client to be on time at the right pick up point will result to a No show and will be fully charged.Office tel: 00357-26221203 MON-FRI 0830-1900/SAT 0830-1300 local time
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Approximate excursion duration not including pick-ups 6.5 hours
- You will receive a message through Viator with the exact pick up piont and time.If not please call us to advise you at least a day before.Hotel name information is needed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.