Authentic Embera Indian Village Tour
This tour was designed for you to step aboard a time machine and travel back more than 600 years; to a Central America only few have had the privilege of experiencing. More than a tour, this is a journey into the lives of the Emberá Indian Tribe. A proud people, who have been able to maintain their traditions and lifestyle as it was before the Spaniards colonized the region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit to Embera Indian Village
- Guided Tour
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel Drop Off
- Entry/Admission - Chagres National Park
- Entry/Admission - Embera Tours Panama
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chagres National Park, Carretera Madden, Colon Panama
Your day will start with your hotel pickup, were you will be escorted to A/C vehicle, where a knowledgeable guide will be awaiting to provide you with an overview of Panama on the your way to the jungles of the Central Region.
Your host will prepare you for the cultural feast you are about to experience by sharing the history and customs of the Emberá Indians. These are the keepers of the Rainforest and Chagres River. When you arrive at the Chagres National Park, you will leave the comfort of your vehicle to board the dugout canoes that will take you to the Emberá Village. Although not the most luxurious, these dug outs are sturdy and worthy craft which were critical in the conquering of the jungle and in establishing supply lifelines for both Indians and Spanish. After motoring up river, you will see the village emerge from the jungle as if by magic. Keep your eyes open along the way, as the region offers abundant wildlife that is particularly active along the river’s edge.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Embera Tours Panama, One hour from Panama City, Panama City Panama
In the Village, the Chief will welcome you with traditional Emberá hospitality. A series of dances have been arranged to add to this cultural exchange. Feel free to wonder the village, ask questions or interact with these quiet people. Please remember that we are guests in their home and a good measure of common sense and sensitivity towards their privacy is appreciated.
The Emberá men and woman are spectacular craftsmen have produced some beautiful items, which will be available for purchase as souvenirs or keepsakes of this unique experience.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have a certificate of Safe Travels by WTTC (World Travel Tourism Council).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.