Ava’s Royal and Cultural Landmarks
Worlds apart from the hustle and bustle of Mandalay, yet a stone’s throw away from Myanmar’s second-largest city, Ava ticks off all the boxes of a full inundation in authenticity, royal palaces, and a scent of how handicraft still plays an important role.
• Wander through preserved relics of Ava history
• Meander through old monasteries in tranquillity
• Gaze over the Taungthaman Lake from the U Bein bridge
• Explore Ava’s old town by horse-drawn carriage
• Move away from Mandalay for half a day of authenticity
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- All applicable taxes and service charges
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours.
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers To/from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- Entry/Admission - Bagaya Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Maha Aung Mye Bon Zan Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Nanmyin Watch Tower
- Entry/Admission - U Bein Bridge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Inn Wa, Myanmar (Burma)
Your guide and driver will be waiting for you in your Mandalay hotel for a 20-kilometre drive to Ava (a decent 45 minutes’ drive). This 4-hour sightseeing tour is operated both in the morning and in the afternoon.
Going from here to the former Royal Capital at Ava (Inwa), we include a short ferry trip, where further exploration by horse-cart offers the opportunity to discover the picturesque ruins and surrounding countryside at a relaxed and more tranquil pace.
Stop At: Bagaya Monastery, Ava, Mandalay Myanmar
Sightseeing will include the teak monastery of Bagaya Kyaung (famous for its impressive ornate woodcarvings and teak posts)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Maha Aung Mye Bon Zan Monastery, Ava, Mandalay Myanmar
The former royal monastery temple known as Maha Aungmye Bonzan, built completely of brick and stucco. The impressive Maha Aungmye Bonzan Monastery is one of Ava’s landmarks within its town borders. Commonly known as the Me Nu Brick Monastery and constructed in the 19th century, the historical importance and its well-kept structure will certainly leave visitors in awe.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nanmyin Watch Tower, Amarapura Myanmar
The Nan Myint Watch Tower has been aptly nicknamed ‘The Leaning Tower of Ava’. It is one of the few remaining parts of the former palace grounds while entrance to the top is unfortunately not permitted it has taken its place as an important historical landmark. Preservation work continues to see this old palace building remain as a testimony to what was once seen as the centre of the country.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: U Bein Bridge, Amarapura Myanmar
On your way back to Mandalay, we, of course, cannot skip making a stop in Amarapura to see the iconic U Bein teak bridge, built in 1782 when Amarapura was Royal Capital. Spanning the Taungthaman Lake, this 1.2-kilometre long bridge is the longest teak footbridge in the world. It is often busy with locals ‘commuting’ back and forth, which makes for an attractive photo opportunity.
Time to leave this charming side of Myanmar behind is not easy, yet the drive back to Mandalay will commence shortly after leaving Amarapura behind and head towards the lobby of your booked accommodation
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Mandalay hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Mandalay. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Sagaing, Amarapura, river cruise ports and Mandalay’s International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs.
- When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.